We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cuban money

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
cuban money

hi everyone! sorry to ask, but it will be out first trip to Cuba... i was trying to find the answer,but... just want to ask- can i just exchange my canadian dollars to cuban money in canada and not bother with exchange in Cuba?? or ? what is the best and simpler solution for this? thank u

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,427 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cuban money

You don't use cuban money. Tourists use American money and locals use Cuban money. Even for those who venture out of their all inclusives - It's a separated system. Take American dollars.

Edited: 28 October 2012, 20:31
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cuban money

Cuban Convertible Pesos (CUC) aren't for sale outside of Cuba.

Have a read through this and come back with any further questions:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147270-c109329/Cuba:…

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cuban money

Gatopaja?????

Have a read..

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c109329/Cub…

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cuban money

gatopaja, everything you posted is incorrect. Read the link in Reply #2.

Cheers,

Terry

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cuban money

gatopaja:

You have obviously not been to Cuba for many years, if ever. Your information, as Terry has said, is completely incorrect.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cuban money

I am very thank u for quick respond. I will read the information. thank u again

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cuban money

Have a great time, lfroschka.

Cheers,

Terry

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cuban money

The US money thing in Cuba is still in some people's heads, I was married in August and our honeymoon is @ Breezes Varadero starting Nov 25th. Some close family friends gave us a fist full of American one dollar bills as a gift for our honeymoon, and they are seasoned Caribbean travellers(although they have not been to Cuba in a few years). Needless to say this was exchanged into Canadian funds =)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cuban money

Ok:) i got some very helpful information,but like always more questions after the reading:) i am going to IBEROSTAR ENSENACHOS.... and people were writing it was always a long line for exchange :( plus i don"t really understand if some bank around or u only can exchange at the front desk??? And I still thinking maybe better for me to do it upon our arrival??? what about the bus and people on the bus???maybe to long ? or the difference not soooo big and the hotel is the best place? thank u for your patience with my questions:) first time u know:)

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
100,649 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cuban money

lfroschka:

I would exchange some on arrival at the airport and then exchange on a needs must basis at the resort.