We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code in havana and also Sandals Varadero

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code in havana and also Sandals Varadero

I've read that denim jeans are frowned upon when eating out in cuba.

I also heard that camouflage clothing is banned by law.

I've got some camo boardshorts and usually wear jeans out at night to clubs etc.

Are these just myths?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,673 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code in havana and also Sandals Varadero

Yet again more examples of the many urban myths that are somehow perpetuated about Cuba...

I have no what the dress code rules are at your all-inclusive resort, but off the resort jeans are absolutely no issue whatsoever no matter where you go. The camouflage thing is I think a screw-up by one of the UK tour operators who still print that rubbish as fact on their Cuban travel information - in any case, it's a non issue too.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

Edited: 04 November 2012, 22:55
Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code in havana and also Sandals Varadero

Camos? - why would you want to wear them anyway??

As for jeans at SRH, - the dress code is long trousers and closed toed shoes for the men....IE no flip flops/thongs, or whatever you call them...

ATB,J.

Edited: 04 November 2012, 23:09
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
16,210 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code in havana and also Sandals Varadero

Where did you read that about denim jeans ?

With the camouflage, perhaps there is a rule somewhere that you are not supposed to dress so as to appear like a member of the armed forces or something.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code in havana and also Sandals Varadero

jajajaja Denim jeans frowned upon, This is getting too funny!

5. Re: Dress code in havana and also Sandals Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:19