We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradisus Rio de Oro or Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Paradisus Rio de Oro or Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

We're thinking of changing our holiday plan for next year and going to Cuba instead of Mauritius. Which of these two hotels would people recommend? Also, are there any other adults only or adults oriented hotels with a good beach, good accommodation and food (must have a la carte in addition to buffet), and as a bonus snorkelling off beach? Our budget would be around £5k for two people for two weeks to include flights, accommodation, and food & drink.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,424 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradisus Rio de Oro or Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

The PDRO would be a great choice. It fits your criteria. As for the Royal Hideaway, it is no more. Its now the Iberostar Ensenachos a family resort with a adult section. You could look at the Melia Buenavista if your stuck on a cayo. Theres also the Royalton thats adult only and supposedly very nice. You could also ook at the Melia Cayo Coco . Again adults only. Good food, al a cartes. As for snorkeling not sure.

Cheers

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradisus Rio de Oro or Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

That probably rules out the Royal Hideaway. The beach at Cayo Santa Maria looks great which is why I considered this hotel, but it seems that more hotels have been built in the area?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,424 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradisus Rio de Oro or Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

Yes you are right. Some built, some renamed. Its not as small as it once was.

Cheers

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,994 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradisus Rio de Oro or Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

My vote would go to the Paradisus Rio de Oro. Arguably the best resort hotel in Cuba,

Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradisus Rio de Oro or Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

The beach at Ensenachos is amazing. I loved it. Having said that, if I were you I would go to Paradisus as its completely adults only and supposedly fantastic. I haven't been to Ensenachos since it turned into an Iberostar so I'm not sure how much its changed.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,424 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradisus Rio de Oro or Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

Well the biggest change is.... wait for it....KIDS. Its now a family resort with a Adult section. But I do agree the beach is amazing.

Cheers

7. Re: Paradisus Rio de Oro or Royal Hideaway Ensenachos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 06:17