We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US stamps in passport

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
US stamps in passport

I'm a UK citizen & am going to Cuba soon.I see from old posts that it was no problem to have US stamps in your pass port.Is this still ok?

Also are there any restrictions as to what items,like mobile phones,can be taken in?

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
775 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US stamps in passport

US stamps are a non issue. You can bring cell phones.

You cannot bring stand alone GPS units.

No walkie talkies, radio transmitters, or 2 way radios.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,332 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US stamps in passport

Stamps are not a problem.

You need to ask for one.

All phones are fine. You can take lappies,tablets and game thingies.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US stamps in passport

Cuba does not care if you visit the USA. And if you are not American, the USA does not care if you visit Cuba. The only travel ban is that US citizens are prohibited (by the USA) from travelling to Cuba without a license from the US Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).

There is a lot of impression out there that Cuba is anti-American. They are really only opposed to the American government policy toward Cuba.

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US stamps in passport

US stamps in your British passport will not cause you to be treated as well as they do Americans but they may get you better treatment than the average Brit.

I believe it has something to do with the way Americans spend and leave tips vs. other countries' citizens.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
15,689 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US stamps in passport

As Jack says - though one small clarification - OFAC rules apply to US citizens AND residents. So if you are a Brit resident in the US, you are subject to the OFAC rules.

Bob - I think you are trying to perpetuate some myths of your own there !

Edited: 18 September 2013, 21:35
Canada
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US stamps in passport

Crow-baring in generalizations and stereotypes that are urelated to the topic at hand just invites others to do likewise. ;)

Edited: 18 September 2013, 22:35
7. Re: US stamps in passport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 05:17