We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inr testing

Cardiff, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
inr testing

has anyone had their inr tested at playa pesquera?

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: inr testing

Are you talking about (INR,blood test).

Cardiff, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: inr testing

Yes, my husband's on warfarin and will need his blood tested as it's unstable at the moment.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: inr testing

I am sorry can not advise where in cuba can get this done,a Health professional can take the :International Normalised Ratio(INR) but it's got to be tested by a Lab,before giving the correct dose of Warfarin.in the uk there is portable devices,but i don't know if playa pesquera, has one?. sorry.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,022 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: inr testing

Sakia, I don't know if he will be able to have the test done at the clinic in Guardalavaca (I would suspect that it's not possible at the hotel). But did you contact your travel insurance to ask he would be covered in case of a problem? Unstable conditions are usually not covered by travel insurances. If they say that they cover it, get a letter of email, you will need a proof in case of a problem.

Cardiff, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: inr testing

thanks the nurse at home would tell him the new dosage of warfarin depending on the results, it's just a simple blood test but it's becoming very complicated. Thanks for the replies.

6. Re: inr testing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 06:16