We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

feedback on renting a car with Auto escape

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
feedback on renting a car with Auto escape

Hi!

Has anyone rented a car through Auto escape in Cuba? It appears that they are the only ones who can offer me a car at a relatively (for Cuba standards) fare price though all other agencies I have contacted do not have available cars for the same period (begining of January, therefore high season).

As I was about to click on "confirm payment", I read the below thread and got worried that not only I would end up without a car on arrival but would also be charged for it!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i9658-k551154…

Any feedback or experiences with this Company?

Thanks a lot !

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
12,871 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: feedback on renting a car with Auto escape

No idea - but there are actually only two agencies with rental cars in Cuba - Via Gaviota and Transtur. (The former in part of MINFAR, the latter of MINTUR). All online agencies are intermediaries going through one or both of those.

I have never heard of Auto Escape - unless they have special connections in Cuba, I find it unlikely that they will have a car for you when no-one else does.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: feedback on renting a car with Auto escape

Yes, it is in fact an intermediary which is also quoted by "Le guide du Routard" as offering interesting prices for rental cars in Cuba and that is why I'm confused.. I am definitly sharing your thought on the "unlike" factor, I am getting even more suspicious by the reviews I just read, but find it still akward that it is quoted by this guide which I have trusted along many other trips.. or maybe I just want to believe I will actually find a car despite all ods :)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: feedback on renting a car with Auto escape

Tough call. Maybe they have an "in"... but I can't imagine how they could...

Cheers,

Terry

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: feedback on renting a car with Auto escape

And as per the other board

"That the company says they have available cars in early January would be enough for me to be suspicious. If their charges are significantly less than other agencies even more so."

5. Re: feedback on renting a car with Auto escape

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 06:19