We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Havana to--boutique beach hotel?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
402 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Havana to--boutique beach hotel?

My wife and I are in the beginning stages of planning our first trip to Cuba (by way of Toronto).

We'd be going for 8 days in July, and we'd be interested in spending a couple of days in Havana, and then heading to a beautiful beach.

We are accustomed to staying in small boutique hotels, and we generally try to avoid the all-inclusive resort experience. However, it seems like that may be difficult in Cuba.

I should mention what we usually look for in a hotel: access to good, local food, beautiful scenery/beach, updated rooms, and peace. It doesn't hurt to stay in a place where we feel a little pampered.

So, here are my questions:

1. If we are only going to one, which beach would you recommend? And how far is it from Havana (and how would we get there)?

2. Are there any boutique beach hotels in Cuba? If not, which hotels would offer a little luxury without feeling like a McResort?

Thanks so much for answering these questions!

Edited: 09 January 2014, 18:04
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Havana to--boutique beach hotel?

Honestly, I don't think Cuba is the destination for you, but good luck with your research and I hope it works out.

Cheers,

Terry

Eleuthera
Level Contributor
3,235 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Havana to--boutique beach hotel?

For what you want, you're going to have to suck it up and stay at a resort or only visit the beach during the day and sleep in a nice boutiquey hotel in Havana. There are nice beaches in Varadero (resort tourist central and 87 miles from Havana) and Trinidad (208 miles from Havana).

Here is a suggestion for Trinidad if you want a break from Havana.

At least ten minutes from the beach though.....

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g285731-d642754-…

PS...stay away from street people who offer pamper.

3. Re: Havana to--boutique beach hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:18