We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips on places to donate goods?

Ontario
5 posts
Save Topic
Tips on places to donate goods?

Hi: I will be traveling to Varadero on March 10th to the 17th and I will be staying at the Royal Hicacos Resort. I want to drop off some clothes, school and sport supplies to the locals (I would prefer somewhere that doesn't get a lot of tourist traffic. Any tips on or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, any tips on what the main needs might be.

Thanks,

Roy

Ottawa, On
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tips on places to donate goods?

We brought stuff to one of the churches in Varadero and the deacon told us that they deliver it to residents that are inland from Varadero and don't get any tourist contact at all

Ontario
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tips on places to donate goods?

Thank you. Do you happen to remember the name of the Church, or where it is located?

pickering ontario
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tips on places to donate goods?

royrod I think it is great you are bringing stuff down. I found the local schools really really appreciated pencils and chalk. you can find great deals at a lot of the dollar stores If you are interested in bringing medical supplies you can contact "not just tourists" on the internet they will supply with much needed medicine and pack it for you, then drop of at a local hospital or clinic. enjoy your holiday.

Montreal
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tips on places to donate goods?

There's a pediatric clinic in downtown Varadero on 1st avenue.There are 2 churches there- St Elvira.

see new posts from canada-cuba friendship for just transporting medicine.

Ontario
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tips on places to donate goods?

Thanks for the info guys. We are getting close to our trip and are really looking forward to it. I will contact the local church when we arrive. I will also go to that website for more info on bring down the medical supplies.

Ottawa, On
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tips on places to donate goods?

sorry...we don't remember the name of the church, it is the one closer to the resort end of town if that makes any sense?

Ontario
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tips on places to donate goods?

Ottawa Couple:

We will look for it! I'm sure we will be able to locate it. Thanks for your help.