We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Cayo Guillermo

courtenay
8 posts
Save Topic
Melia Cayo Guillermo

We have narrowed down our choice to Melia Cayo Guillermo for December over Christmas and was just wondering if anyone had some excursion advice and any other tips.

We are a family of 5 with kids ages 20, 17 and 15. Our interest range from snorkeling, diving, caving, deep sea fishing and chillin'.

Also wondering if the 'Elegance Club' category is worthwhile.

Is Christmas time always full and does it affect your stay in any way?

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
444 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

We spent a week at MCG a little over a year ago and had a wonderful stay. For context, we have been to Cuba a dozen times, staying at 8 properties, and MCG would certainly rank in the top half of the 8. I can't speak to the Elite Club. The beach is incredible, particularly if you enjoy beaches where you can walk out quite a way. I snorkelled off the pier and saw quite a few fish. I didn't see any coral. You will find a number of kite surfers on the beach, to which a number of TA contributors have complained about, but we didn't find it a big problem. Christmas will be full.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 15:26
merville, b.c.
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

Thanks for your information, very much appreciated. Can you tell me what your favorite resorts were and why?

3. Re: Melia Cayo Guillermo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:16