We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

brussels
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

Hello. I would appreciate any ideas and tips on how to get from Cienfuegos to Camaguey. Viazul does not seem to have any connections between the two cities. I cannot drive.

I would also be happy to share costs with someone that might be doing the same or similar route. It should be around July 22, 2014.

Thanks

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

By Viazul, I guess that you could go to Santa Clara or trinidad and change.

Or a direct private taxi.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

Direct private taxi would be the quickest...although pricey. Count on it costing around 160 to 170CUC...and taking approximately 4.5 hours. Otherwise, as beardo suggested, via Viazul with a transfer at an appropriate hub. That would be far cheaper...but it will take you far longer too.

Terry

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

Hey you guys don't have any faith in the train system ? LOL ... If you want an adventure and have plenty of time.. take the train ! Just kidding, it would be an adventure... but might take you along time and who knows if it still running between Cienfuegos and Camaguey .. my info is about 5 years old, when a cuban friend said she was going to Camaguey on the train ..

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

The train is even more complicated than Viazul - one would have to head back towards Havana, and either change there on somewhere between. I have heard reports of trains being a full day late in arriving.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

Just a quick note with a correction to my earlier post. I mentioned that it would cost approximately 160 to 170CUC for a taxi to span that distance. I have friends who's paid that amount in the past...but it seems they may have been over-charged. I've had a little birdie who is no longer able to post on TA tell me via email that, in reality, a price of 110CUC can be negociated as a much more accurate cost figure. Cheers mate. ;-)

Terry

Kitchener, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

I hear you , beardocubauk... just brought it up as a joke... But I just checked , you can go from Cienfuegos to Camaguey .. but like you said complicated ! From Cienfuegos to Santa Clara to Moron then to Camaguey...

cubavacationstravel.com/…ciensancti .... and I did not even check the arrive and depart times.. es cuba.. you are probably looking over 2 days.... lol

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

CCO, 110cuc sounds pretty decent!

We didn't travel from Camaguey, but we did from Ciego to Cienfuegos and Back. Leaving from Cienfuegos to Manicaragua, Fomento, Caibaguan then hit the #1 highway the rest of the way in.

Is your little Birdie friend still interested in what goes on, on TA?

Got to admit, it's a little boring now, with out the "Boys around.

Salud!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,770 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

deebob, my little birdie friend (and yours too) is unfortunately locked in "lurk-mode" here on the TA Cuba Forum. But he checks in on us regularly. As he put it....he has way too much time on his hands. jaja He also wanted me to tell you that he's researching his next trip to Vietnam on TA. ;-)

Terry

Miami, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

I will be staying in Camaguey and i wanted to see the El Nicho waterfalls. Is it worth the travel? Only staying for 5 days and dont want to embark on mission impossible.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,337 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From Cienfuegos to Camaguey

Google maps reckons it is over four hours by car. Seems a lot of time to spend travelling if you only have 5 days.