We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dengue fever 2014

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
dengue fever 2014

has anyone been diagnosed with dengue fever in cuba this year? i returned from cuba in june feeling unwell, (still waiting for blood results to determine) if i have dengue fever,

Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
El Malecon
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Walking Areas
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,005 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dengue fever 2014

You might consider looking up "Chikungunya". New to the Caribbean, it has many similar symptons.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dengue fever 2014

Dengue fever is always a possibility. My cousin was working in Barbados last year and had a case. You will definitely know if you have a case since your bones ache and you have a fever. In her case, she only required bed rest and drinking lots and lots of water. She was back in Canada and was able to have it very easily diagnosed and as I said, no other treatment required. However, it is important to identify what kind of dengue fever you have. Some are potentially fatal.

London, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dengue fever 2014

It it is true that there in no treatment but it is a returner just like maleria and will affect one person more than another it never comes back for long usually a day or so and mostly when you go back to in this case cuba

my husband has yearly attacks for instance.

If you think you might have contracted dengue and it has lasted for more than 2 or 3 days you should seek help the biggest problem being dehydration.

4. Re: dengue fever 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16