We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight costs increase

Braunton, United...
Level Contributor
507 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Flight costs increase

Well, reading this, it should be at least another year before the cost of a flight goes up.

dailymail.co.uk/money/holidays/article-27292…

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,043 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight costs increase

I, personally, have never believed in these high compensation levels. In the past when I suffered a delay I have claimed on my insurance and been happy enough with the £20 for a 12 hour delay or £40 for a 24 hour delay because the airline has paid for overnight accommodation and meals when necessary.

These high payouts will only force the airline to increase prices so most of us lose out in the end.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight costs increase

Hi. Been advised to contact you as you're quite knowledgeable. ....

flying with Thomas Cook, booked premium seats or 'economy plus' as they've now put it. Had an email to inform us that this option (seat back telly 2-4-2 seating etc) isn't available now as they've changed the aircraft? They said they'll put us 'at the front' of the aircraft. .. what does this mean and what's the difference? Apologies for the questions just 1st time long haulers to Brisas and am curious. Tour operator wasn't clear. There is a positive to this is that we're getting a refund of almost £400.

Edited: 21 December 2014, 15:52
Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight costs increase

Holiday prices will go down, as the cost of oil has halved. Regardless of airlines adding costs from compo claims.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,043 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight costs increase

They will probably put in you in the ex Premium cabin on the aircarft. The seating there is 2-3-2 as opposed to 3-3-3 in the main cabin. I think that I'd be happy with that particularly as you have the £400 refund:

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,639 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight costs increase

Tellitlikeitis76

Dependent on dates, but it sounds like your flight has been changed to the TC Scandinavia A333 which doesn't have a 'premium' cabin. If so, the front cabin is 3-3-3 and the centre and rear cabins are 2-4-2.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,639 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight costs increase

I doubt holiday/flight prices are going to change much, other than the normal fluctuations. Most airlines buy fuel many years in advance, on a fixed price contract. I do think though that they will write a bit more in to cover for EU261 compensation claims, but 261 is going to be amended. Supposedly for more clarity re extraordinary circumstances, among other things. Delay times/distances for claims are also going to change (increase).

7. Re: Flight costs increase

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2015, 05:15