We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gifts from Canada to Varadero

Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gifts from Canada to Varadero

We're leaving on the 27th to go to Varadero (First timers) I read alot about Cuban's liking to trade Taxi Rides for things they can't get there. I also like to leave gifts for the maids and give to children. What kinds of things do they like? I read hats, soaps, calculators. But what kind of hats? Canada Hats? I have a 15 year old son, I was thinking of bringing his used clothing, shoes, sandles. Is that acceptable??

I've only ever been to Dominican and the locals went crazy over used clothes and shoes.

Any ideas on what items they need would be appreciated.

Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
El Malecon
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Walking Areas
Level Contributor
888 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gifts from Canada to Varadero

Yes, for sure please take them, they will be greatly appreciated.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gifts from Canada to Varadero

any kind of drugs ie asa tylonol I go to my drug store and get drugs that have been turned in and give them to the dr. at our resort.eyeglasses areneeded . If you have baseball gloves they are to die for. we go to the goodwill and buy stuff for them.50% off at the end of the month.tools but they are heavy.watergun are great.earings and jewlery. whatches but not the kind with batteries they cant get them.sunglasses at the dollar store crayons pens pencils .hope this helps you out . by the way if you have time take a side trip to cardenes a fastenating city about 20 min from varadero tourist dont go there but it is very safe.you go back in time 100 years . go to the church its magnificant.good luck. slisricky

3. Re: Gifts from Canada to Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 03:19
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question