We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Royal Hideway Ensenachos:

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Occidental Royal Hideway Ensenachos:

Anyone been to Occidental Royal Hideway Ensenachos?? I've been looking for a place to go in Cuba and this is the only one I can find that looks decent. My only concern though is that it may be TOO NICE (i.e. it looks very elegant, upperclass-ish) and thats really not me. I'm looking for a nice and clean, but casual place. Is this place as posh as it looks in the pictures, or does it have somewhat of a laid back atmosphere as well? Thanks for any info...

Brampton, ON
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Royal Hideway Ensenachos:

no one been here?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental Royal Hideway Ensenachos:

We spent a week at Royal Hideaway in October -- yes, it is as it looks in any photos you see - very very nice. We're pretty casual too and also thought it might be 'too nice' but it was fine. There is a 'dress code' for dinner in the restaurants, but you can be as formal as you want to be, or not (just no shorts, running shoes, etc). The service from all the staff is almost overwhelming, but you soon get used to being looked after quite well! If you want a quiet, relaxing vacation with the BEST beaches, this is a great place to go. If you want lots of activity, partying etc.....probably not. Any other info you need, just ask!

St.Catharines
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Occidental Royal Hideway Ensenachos:

Hi DreamingMoBay,

I agree with Travel47. We just got back from the RHE on Friday and where really impressed with how nice the hotel is. It is very elegant, and we felt very spoiled by the great service. We are more laid back too, and don't necessarily like it to be too upscale, but we really didn't find that it was. You don't see people walking around in bathing suits and cover-ups in the lobby, or wearing shorts to dinner. But that doesn't mean you need to get too dressed up either. I think most people would like this resort, but it is definitely not a party place. There are also no children allowed at this resort!!

We have also been to the Iberostar Varadero and absolutely loved it. The food was great, everything is very clean and the atmosphere is very laid back. The beach is beautiful, but there are alot more people on it!

If you are travelling with other people, like we did, you can make your own fun at the RHE. But if you are going alone, you might want to look for a more 'active' resort.

Let me know if you have more questions!

4. Re: Occidental Royal Hideway Ensenachos:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 13:15