We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf course in Varadero

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,607 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Golf course in Varadero

Has anyone recently been? Any suggestions or hints re layout of the course or staff? Was it busy. Plan to go as a single...will I have problems getting tee off times....Have heard the course is hard/easy....am confused....not a dead serious golfer but I am not a hacker....is it comparable to any courses

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf course in Varadero

The course is amazing.Teetimes are not a problem .We just showed up and they fit us in but Its still agood idea to call first. One hole you go over the water 4 times .You will have a great tme there. they have drinks and booze on the course as well .Have fun I know I did. Ricardo P.S If you have a little extra time take a cab ride to Cardenas its an amazing town just across the bay from the golf course.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,607 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf course in Varadero

thanks for your quick response...what time of year were you there?

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf course in Varadero

What about clubs? I was thinking of leaving mine at home and renting. Although I will bring my shoes and balls. Also, approx how much to play, tip, etc. I've heard to just show up at the course and walk on as a cheaper alternative.

EAST SUSSEX
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf course in Varadero

Hello, the cost of renting clubs is not very much they were taylor made and good condition, course not to dificult, very flat with lots of bunkers but not to deep, quite easy to get out off but very testing, staff very helpfull, i would book your tee time when you arrive so as not to be disapionted.

RON

vancouver
Level Contributor
106 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf course in Varadero

I was there in December and the sign in the pro shop said $70.00 cuc for 18 holes, mine was included by staying at Breezes. The cart rental is $33.00 cuc, I was a single and had to pay the full amount. Going after 1, you can pretty well just walk on, in the am was more crowded, I would make a reservation if you want to golf in the am. The club rental said $30.00 cuc. Lots of water so bring enough balls, they were $15.00 cuc for a 3 pack.

6. Re: Golf course in Varadero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 03:18