We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New flight times Canjet January

Owen Sound, Ontario
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
New flight times Canjet January

Just was informed of our new flight time. Instead of an afternoon flight we are leaving at 6am. We are still on for Jan 22. Will make new reservations for pre-flight hotel and change of booking days off work. I guess you have to go with the flow. It looks like this is a common occurrence these days. Will have to look at getting to the airport hotel early the day before and enjoy a relaxing evening then the 2am wakeup call. We are flying with Canjet, last time we used them it was a good trip to Mexico this last September. Looking forward to a great holiday at the Cameleon Villas Jibacoa.

Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
El Malecon
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Fabrica de Arte Cubano
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Northern Alberta
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New flight times Canjet January

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if there will be a flight change for departure to Holguin on the 3rd?? Thanks for the heads up, I am going to check things out.

Cheers

CC

clinton,on
Level Contributor
672 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New flight times Canjet January

At least your were informed ahead of time. When we flew to Jibacoa in Oct. we got to the airport at 3:30 a.m and they informed us the flight was delayed til 1---we didn't fly out until 2:30 so really lost our first day. I wonder if our flight on the 21st is changed. Which agency did you book thru. Was it Nolitours? We are supposed to be flying air transit and have booked 1st class seats so I hope this doesn't change.

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New flight times Canjet January

We are returning to Toronto from Holguin with Canjet (Air Transat package) on Jan. 3. I am wondering if these changes will affect us as well? Any idea how I can check?

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Northern Alberta
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New flight times Canjet January

S8Driver:

I will be arriving on your departure plane on the 3rd. I have checked with my TO etc. and as of today there is no change in the flight schedule.

Cheers

CC

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New flight times Canjet January

Thanks CC

I had visions of us arriving at 8.30 pm., and having to leave at 8.30 am.

Only 5 days to go!

Northern Alberta
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New flight times Canjet January

12 more sleeps for me. Enjoy New Years in Cuba, I am sure it will be quite a celebration this year.

Cheers

CC

Owen Sound, Ontario
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: New flight times Canjet January

We are booked with Nolitours. Is Nolitours known for these type of flight changes? Does not really matter the times as long as the flights are not delayed. Will be waiting to see if this is the last and only change for our vacation. 30 days to go and counting.

Northern Alberta
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New flight times Canjet January

Beanstir:

It is not just Noltitours, all the tour operators are switching around flights. Rather than sell off vacations at a loss (cannot say I blame them, Cuba is already a good deal) they are combining flights, or switching airlines etc.

Hopefully you will not have any more changes. Think of it this way, you will get there early in the day, bonus.

Cheers

CC

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New flight times Canjet January

CC we'll be on that Jan 3 CanJet flight returning home from Holguin as well. Only 4 more sleeps for us. We'll be at OGPT with SBDriver too!

We'll all wave to you at the airport but we'll have sad faces since we will be heading home:( while you get to start yours:)

Northern Alberta
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New flight times Canjet January

Adanac55 and SBDriver:

I will make sure that I wave to you in the departure area. I will not be hard to miss, I will be doing a little dance when I get off the plane and in traditional Albertan style, I will be wearing a cowboy hat.

Merry Christmas, enjoy Cuba !!!

Cheers

CC