We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

I was seing some hotels in La Habana, Im searching for a good hotel in a secure zone. (zona segura) for my kids and me.

I have only one option of airlaine: Cubana, how is it, and how is their buisness class. Anyone knows any other option from Mexico City to La Habana?

Is car rentar necesary, good option or better to take taxis, etc..

And final question: Can you give me like the TOP 5 to see in La Habana?

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Central Mexico and Gulf Coast, Mexico
Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
El Malecon
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Fabrica de Arte Cubano
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

Well, I'm flying Cubana on Friday from Toronto to Havana and I've taken them many times before. Never a problem. As a matter of fact, the aircraft that does the Mexico City run in the morning is the exact same plane that does the Toronto run in the afternoon/evening.

As to your kids. How old are they? What activities are you planning for yourself and for them?

Here's a link to a thread I wrote about Havana and things to see/do and places to eat. If it's your first time in Havana, and unless you wish to travel outside the city, taxis are perfectly fine for getting around.

www.7daysinparadise.com/smf/index.php…

Enjoy Havana.

Steve

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Mexico City
Mexico City
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,703 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

1.) Some fabulous hotels here: http://www.habaguanexhotels.com

2.) Nothing wrong with Cubana. Mexicana also flies from Mexico City.

3.) Car rental is not necessary within Havana, taxis work just fine with a lot less hassle.

4.) Can’t recommend anything in Havana when you don’t say what your interests are. Read the sticky thread at the top of this forum, loads of great advice. Also a Havana guide book is a great investment too. Lastly, Steve's link above is absolutely fabulous.

Cheers,

Terry

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

The age is 13 and 8, I don't know what is there any recomendation for my kids to see

About the hotels I will check in those pages but in which zone is the best for my family

I understand about taxisand cubana I check with mexicana but it doesn't appear anything

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

The age is 13 and9 I want something for them to see something for kids?

In which zone to stay?

What about the buisness class in cubana?

I get it with taxis

canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

I would stay in Habana Veija perhaps at the Hotel Sevilla it has a pool so great for the kids. This is a good walking part of town with lots to see also very safe. Bring a kite there is a great place to fly them at the bottom of the Prado lots of other kids doing the same. Have fun the kids will love it.

js

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

Thanks, and sorry were is the NH Hotel, is in a safe zone?

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

No offense, you're from Mexico City and you're hung up on making sure you'll be in a 'safe zone' in Habana?

This is about the safest city I have ever been in. Centro Habana can be a bit seedy at night, but other than that you would have to do some heavy research (and probably wait 8-10 years) in order to end up in a dangerous place in Habana. Or Cuba for that matter.

But for a first time visit you probably want to be in Habana Vieja. You will probably be heading there every day anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico City
Mexico City
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
8. Re: La Habana hotels, airplane.... questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 23:18