We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night in Havana - hotel help!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
430 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
1 night in Havana - hotel help!

We are a family of 5 and will be in Havana for a 1 day excursion.

Taking a 2+ hour road trip back to Varadero doesn't seem appropriate with so much to see.

Any advice for a clean and resonable, not fancy, just comfortable stay for 1 night?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

What's your budget? How many rooms?

Cheers,

Terry

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
430 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

Budget is not as important as clean and comfy.

We are 2 adults and 3 young teens, and will probably have another family with us as well. Middle of the road as far as cost would be great.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
430 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

sorry, even 1 room would do for the night.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

There are several middle-of-the-road anonymous and completely forgettable "tour bus" hotels in Havana that are safe, clean and perfectly acceptable.

Personally (especially since it's your first time in Havana) I'd suggest a smaller, boutique hotel that better reflects the culture and helps to extend the experience.

For me the best hotels in Havana are the ones managed by Habaguanex. They're all restored buildings, most of them designated UNESCO World Heritage sites. They're all unique, designed to enhance, reflect upon and pay homage to the long history of the original building or neighbourhood. The profits go back into restoration of other heritage sites in Cuba. (In other words, the exact opposite of a hotel chain.)

Prices vary wildly from quite reasonable to some of the most expensive rooms on the Island.

habaguanexhotels.com/habaguanex_hotels.asp

Cheers,

Terry

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
404 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

It is unlikely .. read impossible to have 5 in one room .

Use the site Martian send you to find a good Hotel..

My favouite is the hotel Telegrafo..

The Best 5 in order of my preference is

NH Parque Central

Telegrafo

Sevilla

Park View

Deauville

The middle 3 should suit your requirements ..

Just go to the travel desk in the Varadero Hotel your staying at and have them book it for you .. That will be less expensive then just showing up and getting a room ...

It's the reverse of North America ..

Newcastle
Level Contributor
143 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

We stopped in the Saratoga hotel last April (Family of 4)it was fantastic and there was an extra bed in the room well suite really

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

Sorry, missed that, of course it'll be impossible to have 5 to a room. 3 maximum.

On my list, all the 2 stars are about $100 CAD for a double and the 3 stars are all less than $150 CAD for a double.

Cheers,

Terry

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

Telegrafo, Sevilla and Park View - as mentioned by topdog - would all fit the bill if I read your criterias right. They are all on or around Parque Central, which is as central as it gets. And perfect for exploring Habana Vieja.

NH Parque Central is quite expensive while Deauville is a bit run-down and although right on the Malecón perhaps in a neighborhood not perfect for a one night stay.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
430 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

Did I mention that I LOVE TA ?

It really is the best way to plan a trip and have no worries about what you might get when you get there.

Best referral system ever.

Lot's of choices you all have given. Thanks much .

---------------Luv

Cuba
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 night in Havana - hotel help!

The only Habaguanex Hotel which could adjust to your needs (re: 5 in one room) as per the size of their standard rooms (re: without the need to book a two bedroom suite) could be Armadores de Santander. In any others you would have to book two rooms: one double and one triple.