We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach resorts near Havana

UK
1 post
Save Topic
Beach resorts near Havana

Hi,

I'm going to Havana in December with my husband and we've booked the Sevilla for 4 nights, but want to go to a beach side hotel for a couple of nights. Any good recommendations?

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach resorts near Havana

There is a beach area just east of Havana, about 20km's outside the city. A few hotels, most notably

www.nashtravel.com/hotels/tropicoco.html

www.nashtravel.com/hotels/clubatlantico.html

It's not Varadero in terms of the quality of the beaches but it is close to the city. Further east, about 100 km's or a bit less is Jibacoa which gets excellent reviews from travellers.

www.nashtravel.com/hotels/breezesjibacoa.html

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach resorts near Havana

Have read about playas del est. Is this worth the trip from havana.

Wahts the best way to get there?

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach resorts near Havana

Have read about playas del est. Is this worth the trip from havana.

Wahts the best way to get there?

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach resorts near Havana

If you want to lie on a beach for the day.... PdE is certainly worth going to. Santa Maria all the way to Guanabo, a nice beach town at the end of PdE, with lots of rental casas and some VERY good, inexpensive restaurants.

I always have a rental car. There is no regular cheap transportation to this area.

The best way (least amount of hassle or local knowledge required) is to take a regular taxi although it will cost you about 20 cuc (negotiate the price).

On the way back, you could probably find a "local" that will drive you back for less. There is a "regular" bus that you can catch on the way back but I do not know the schedule and exactly where you catch it. It's in cup... costs about a dime.