We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good bars with simple food?

Hednesford,Staffs
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Good bars with simple food?

hi

me and my girlfriend are in havana from friday for 3 nights before going to sandals for 11 nights. Because we will be all inclusive for the most part we dont see the need for going to expensive restaurants in havana. Any advice on good bars that do descent snacks to go with cocktails?

Thanks,

Andy

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good bars with simple food?

Hubby and myself loved the Monseratte Bar, they have live music and many Cubans go. There are plenty experts on here that will be able to give you loads of info.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,642 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good bars with simple food?

Post #3:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147271-i387-k3655…

Cheers,

Terry

Brinklow
Level Contributor
38 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good bars with simple food?

We stayed in Havana vieja in La meson de la flota and the food and drink were excellent,it is near plaza vieja.While in the plaza,the taberna de muralla is worth a visit and they brew there own beer.

Penarth, United...
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good bars with simple food?

We loved O'Reilly's bar in O'Reilly Street. Simple food very competitively priced and they come round and top up your cocktails with more rum sometimes! Often a band in there too.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good bars with simple food?

We had lunch in a really nice bar in the far corner of Plaza Veija. Its the only place in Havana that brews beer on the premises and its yummy. Plus the food is good... we had lobster cocktails and burgers which were fantastic!

It also seemed really busy at night with a band playing all the time!

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Good bars with simple food?

The place mcpaint is referring to is Taberna de la Muralla. One of the only places in Habana Vieja that I will visit once in a while. They do make a decent beer there.

7. Re: Good bars with simple food?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 05:15