We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi transfer from Havana airport to Varadero

Midlands, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Taxi transfer from Havana airport to Varadero

Does anyone know where one can pre-book a taxi to take us from Havana airport to our hotel in Varadero?

I've tried our hotel, they could not help.

Which taxi operator is recommended - do they have an email address? Do they speak English?

Our flight is due to arrive at 18.30. If we can't get a pre-booked taxi, will there be enough cabs outside the airport to find one that can take us?

Many thanks for anyone who can help.

Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Old Square (Plaza Vieja)
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Plaza de la Catedral
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Fabrica de Arte Cubano
Points of Interest & Landmarks
usa
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi transfer from Havana airport to Varadero

Dont worry...always taxis at the airport...it will be a matter of beating them off! Not sure on the cost to Varadero though..I only go to Havana!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi transfer from Havana airport to Varadero

There will be no problems in getting a taxi at Jose Marti airport in Havana. A ride to Varadero will cost you in the area of 80 to 100 CUC (Cuban Convertible Peso).

You should exchange some money to CUC while you wait for your baggage. There are two CADECA money booths on the arrivals level. One directly across from the luggage carousels and one tucked into the back wall past the luggage carousels. One of you can wait for you luggage while the other lines up to exchange money.

Yes, they will take British Pounds for direct conversion to CUC.

Hint.... make sure to ask for some 1 CUC coins for the machine where you get luggage carts if you need one.

Have a great trip.

Steve

Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
336 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi transfer from Havana airport to Varadero

I agree..no problem getting a taxi. Going rate is 100 -125 cuc and takes about 2 hours. Interesting drive along the coast.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
207 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi transfer from Havana airport to Varadero

is bargaining a must???

also advise how much does it cost from Airport to Havana city center(vedado)

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi transfer from Havana airport to Varadero

If you paid $100+ you WAY overpaid.

It's cheaper to go from Havana to Varadero than the other way around and that is 80 cuc (no negotiating) or less.

It should not be more than $80 to Varadero from the airport. A bit of negotiating should get it down to 60 cuc.

edmonton, ab
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi transfer from Havana airport to Varadero

I just pre-booked a ride from Varadero Airport to Havana, through wowcuba.com for $50 CUC (two of us at $25 each).