We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP planning First Trip to havana

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
HELP planning First Trip to havana

Hi All,

My BF and I are planning on a short trip to Havana in mid April for our 40th Bdays. There is so much info online finding it hard to make a decision.

We originally were going to do few days havana then head to Varadero beach but we decided to spend few days on the beach in Playa del carmen at end of our trip instead

So the question is... is 4 nights enough in Havana? Should we be visiting another area/town. We are both of Puerto Rican descent but also have Cuban roots. So we would like to see the historical points of Havana but also would like to be salsa dancing the night away (it's in our blood what can i say).

Someone recommended a trip to Pinar de Rio for a tobacco plantation excursion. Any other interesting excursions that are a must?

any info would be much appreciated!

Edited: 02 February 2012, 18:32
Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP planning First Trip to havana

Stay in Havana and after experiencing the City the first two full days evaluate if it is worth going for a Day excursion to Vinales, Pinar del Rio.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP planning First Trip to havana

I suggest least 3-4 days in Havana, then strike out for another town and region. Veradero is just a resort, period.

3. Re: HELP planning First Trip to havana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2013, 10:19