We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jose marti airport lounge

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
jose marti airport lounge

How do I book the lounge at jose marti airport Havana. I have been trying on line for an hour. Very frustrating....

Clare

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jose marti airport lounge

you do it when your at the airport

Cardiff, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jose marti airport lounge

Thanks for that!

Stirling, Scotland
Level Contributor
179 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jose marti airport lounge

Hi Clare

I would save my money if I was you! we booked in resort for our flight last week. The only queues at checkin were for our flight , so not busy busy. The seating area in departures was perfectly adequate and not uncomfortable at all.

There is a snack bar there and prices are reasonable.

The vip loung is a big area with lots of 3 piece suites and a bar. Food on offer was a plate of cold toast, olices, processed cheese and a garlic sausage type meat. The bar didn't have much in the way of drinks and most folks there the day we were went downstairs to the shops and bought food and snacks and brought them to the VIP Lounge.

If we ever are lucky enough to go to Cuba again I'll save the 58 CUC and spend it in duty free!

Have a great holiday

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jose marti airport lounge

WOW!!! I had a complete different experience with the vip lounge @ Jose Marti Airport in Cuba. For us it was GREAT! However, learn by our trial & error!

First off, we did encounter beer's (Bucanero's & Crystal, they also had a 1/2 dozen types of juices, pasteries, cold cuts, they make fresh cuban coffee for you (if you request it) they also had rum and a few other bite size treats).

Lounge is pretty spacious inside, decorated very modern and super clean! Bright colors on the walls and in the decor which opens up this lounge quite a bit.

The staff was very professional, kind & very servicable.... they encouraged us to sit back & relax as they handled all our baggage. That alone was worth it!!

*NOTE

I will explain my above comment regarding our not knowing! If you are not born in Cuba you receive great leeway through this vip lounge process, if you are like my mother or many that were born in Cuba you will not receive the same leeway.

*HEAD"S UP!!!

NOW, that we know this I would like to communicate it to as many that are interested. If you happen to be traveling with an "AMERICAN" like myself I highly recommend that you allow the AMERICAN friend to carry in her baggage all the electrical devices such as rice cookers, toasters, electrical pans, anything that is considered an electronic. If you do it the hard way as my mother was not aware, IF YOU ARE Cuban you will PAY DOUBLE what you paid for it in the states. Wish we would have known! For this reason I am spreading the word......

Nodody I knew was aware of this VIP service until we arrrived, prepare your baggage prior to arrival so that you will not have to accrue DOUBLE fee's for electronics as my mother did.

They NEVER even bothered to ask me about anything the ENTIRE time, I heard them say "she is American, all is good please come with us so that wed can assist you thru customes (YES, THEY DID THE TALKING TO CUSTOMS AS THEY HANDLED MY LUGGAGE) UNTIL THEY BROUGHT ME OUTSIDE OF THE AIRPORT DOORS.

My mother never came out, I was wondering what occurred not we all know, she had to remove everything from her luggage & pay 100 cuc's for a USED OLD rice cooker.

We never stop learning......hope this helps :)

They never bothered once they seen my doc's & they said "she's American she is good, her mother must step into this line" that's when we figured out what was up. BIG HASSLE to remove every garment from bottom to top, oh well NOW we know!

All in all I would definetley recommend the VIP upgrade. We did not reserve anything on-line, once we arrived they offered the upgrade to us while we were entering the airport.

They took pic's of my mother & I ....truly a very relaxed overall experience!

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jose marti airport lounge

Follow up on my pervious post!

My personal conclusion:

If you are Cuban & taking things to your family such as electrical appliances I do not recommend paying the extra $$$ for the VIP lounge service. It would not warrant paying the service & paying customs for your electrical items.

NOW, if you have NO electrical appliances BY ALL MEANS I highly recommend skipping the line & relaxing with a beer or 2 in the lounge. Why not avoid the hassle in customs.

WORTH IT!!!

Note

If you are interested in a Cuban espresso request one right away as it takes a little while :)

Edited: 22 June 2012, 19:33
6. Re: jose marti airport lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2012, 11:17
Temecula, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jose marti airport lounge

Interesting! I know many familes that bring in electrical appliances all day long through customs & are aware & pay for the requested CUC's, AGAIN, I stated several times it was "our trial & error" our first time in Cuba. For Cubans, Cuban-Americans or ANYONE that has family in Cuba we will pay what is needed so that our families have kitchen appliances to cook with!

Never, were we asked if we were beringing in "X, Y, Z" , had they communicated we would have opt'ed out of the VIP lounge. Obviously!

I also stated "we learn something everyway" ....this is a GREAT country, we can openly converse our own personal expereinces with no circumstances. Beautiful way to live!

I actually disagree with you! I know many from Europe, friends from Argentina and other countries that were all treated slightly different.

Terry I am afraid not everything is as BLACK & WHITE as you eloquently put it.

Have a great day :)

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,739 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: jose marti airport lounge

“ ... this is a GREAT country, we can openly converse our own personal expereinces with no circumstances.”

How interesting.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
31 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jose marti airport lounge

Really, you find it interesting, most find it a "blessing".....

10. Re: jose marti airport lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2012, 11:18