We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cuba vacation

Cleveland
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
cuba vacation

My wife and I would like to take a trip to Cuba from Cleveland, Ohio. Is this possable and what travel agency can I contact for more information. Thanks Tom, Cleveland, Oho

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cuba vacation

No Flights from Cleveland. Also you do know that travel to Cuba out of US is only for licensed OFAC travelers and for Cuban Americans.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cuba vacation

How can you get to Cuba. I know Americans do travel to Cuba. Tom

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cuba vacation

Have a look..

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k55958…

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
417 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cuba vacation

Either OFAC sanctioned (expensive) tour if you want to do it legally, or fly out of a third country (Canada, Mexico, central america) like thousands of Americans do "illegaly" all the time.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cuba vacation

Some also use Nassau, Bahamas as their gateway to come here.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cuba vacation

Check out ...

www.cubajet.com

for some flight ideas..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cuba vacation

Air Canada offers direct daily flights from Toronto. Check out www.aircanadavacations.com . Cubana also offers a few flights from Toronto to Havana. These are much cheaper, but the flight time is brutal, and it also has a stop-over. To save extra money, look into flying to Varadero. Many operators fly out of Toronto to here daily, and it's about a 2 hour bus ride to Havana.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,096 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cuba vacation

I will never recommend a first time visitor to Cuba from the US to use Toronto airport if traveling unlicensed

chicago
Level Contributor
232 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cuba vacation

Look at Cubaexplorer.com Even if you don't want to book a legal tour for Americans, they give you a bevy of information on how to travel legally as an American. My family actually took their tour and loved it, but we learned sooo much reading their website. They are based in Canada.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cuba vacation

tom1277

You can find cheap flights from all over the U.S. to Cancun.

From there a flight to la Habana. This would probably necesitate an overnight stop in Cancun tho.

Also check via Mexico City.