We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

HALIFAX
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

Read about the Camilo Ceinfuegos Museum in Moon guide 2010 and would like to try to find it when I return to Havana in March. Direction were Calle Pocito near Lawton but can't find either street close to Nuevo Vedado or Cerro in my maps. Does anyone know if it is still open and do they have better directions?

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,467 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

I thought there was a museum in Yaguajay.

Camilo is the most unsung hero of the Revolution! Shame he passed away before things got rolling in Cuba.

Salud!

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

somebody on this forum told me to be carefull in this area

and you're right about him its a shame. LA Desaparición de Camilo ???

Edited: 03 March 2013, 18:17
HALIFAX
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

Found the site on the CubaRoutes website ( Thanks to a Forum posting once again). For those interested it is in La Vibora neighbourhood and this seems to be south of Cerro. It is the house he was born in and has some of his possessions obviously from the revolution as he sadly did not survive much longer than that.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 13:50
Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

There are certainly areas of La Vibora and Lawton where most tourists would not want to find themselves, especially after dark. And it's not near to Nuevo Vedado or Cerro really, which may be why you are not finding it.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,552 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

Here was the earlier thread. tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147271-i387-k5832…

I don't see where Cerro or Nuevo Veddao came in, either.

HALIFAX
Level Contributor
55 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

As I said in the first post, I read about this in the Moon Spotlight Havana guide 2010 and after finding the address in a map of Havana I do agree with Don Tomas's reply that the area does seem off the beaten track.. However this is in an Havana neighbourhood and not in Cienfuegos as the thread from Beardo seems to be reading.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,552 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

Some of the responses in that other thread are in the wrong town - but others are not.

What exactly does Moon say about it's location ?

8. Re: Museo Camilo Cienfuegos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 05:16