We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

unable to book hotels for November?

London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
unable to book hotels for November?

Hi all

We are planning a trip to Cuba in November (from the 9th until the 25th). We are struggling with booking our first 3 nights in Havana. Ideally, we would like to stay in Saratago, but everytime we are running a search to book a room there, it simply says that there are no rates available. Could that be that there are no rooms available there?

We have tried several other websites, such as Excelencias, Sunwing, Habaguanex, with no luck.

We also so Hotel Terral that seems to be really nice, but have also been unable to book it through the internet.

Does that mean we left it too late? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marie

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,662 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: unable to book hotels for November?

No clue why that weekend has such low availability at so many hotels, but I see the Parque Central still has rooms.

For my money the Parque Central is a way better hotel and the best things about the Saratoga can be enjoyed as a non guest.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Terry

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: unable to book hotels for November?

That weekend marks the end of the FIHAV when most hotels in Havana get fully booked.

And Terry - of course, the Parque Central has a better view - because you can't see the Parque Central from there !

Edited: 08 September 2013, 17:41
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,662 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: unable to book hotels for November?

Thanks Andrew, I figured there had to be something big going on and the FIHAV explains it.

And not to knock your old joint, but the last two times I dealt with the Saratoga (both within the last 8 months) it was a frigging joke. That place either has some goofy management or someone is being forced to hire some real twits by some connected VIP...

Cheers,

Terry

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: unable to book hotels for November?

got to agree with terry the paraque is the bizz and the views are amazing plus they serve coke not that tukola eeeeyuk!!!!!!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,864 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: unable to book hotels for November?

Terry - possibly a bit of both. I had hoped that the change of management at Habaguanex would have reflected down to the staff, but am not sure whether it has.

bob - I suspect most of the higher end places in Havana serve Coca Cola.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
716 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: unable to book hotels for November?

I actually miss Tukola... Maybe half of missing it though is not being in Cuba right now.

It tastes like hot weather and relaxation....

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: unable to book hotels for November?

thank you all for the responses, managed to book a room in Parque Central! Looking forward to it now :)

8. Re: unable to book hotels for November?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 06:24