We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Havana and Varadero, 2 nighst each place

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Havana and Varadero, 2 nighst each place

Hello! it is my first time to Cuba, I will go with my parents only for 5 days and was wondering if it is ok to go for 2 nights in Havana and then 2 nights in Varadero, is it easy to reach Varadero from Cuba? is there any tour to buy there that you recommend, places to stay?

we are planning to visit Cuba in November

Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Havana and Varadero, 2 nighst each place

I just did 3 nights in Varadero followed by 3 nights in Havana. Allow 3 hours for the drive between the two. I wouldn't bother with Varadero unless you are wanting time in a beach resort. Havana is much more interesting.

Toronto
Level Contributor
302 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Havana and Varadero, 2 nighst each place

Breezes Jibacoa which is one hour from Havana but not in Veradero is a nice resort to try. Iberostar Nh Parque, Sarotoga or Hotel National are great choices for Havana. Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Havana and Varadero, 2 nighst each place

Is this also the first trip to Cuba for your parents? If so, you definitely need a good guide book (rough guide, lonely planet, etc). Did you mean to ask if its easy to get to Varadero from Havana? If so, then yes, easily reachable by bus. A taxi may end up being cheaper for you with four people or comparable for three.For that short of a trip I would spend all my time in Havana. If a day at the beach is important to you, there are beaches about a half hour east of Havana. November is the end of hurricane season so there is a chance you may have weather related issues. Casa Particulars (private accommodation in the homes of Cubans) are the best option and will on average cost 25-35 CUC. If you decide you would rather have everything done by a tour operator, I recommend http://www.yourowncuba.com/ .

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
107 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Havana and Varadero, 2 nighst each place

Hello,

I agree with the post above that Veradero is not worth the trip, but it depends entirely on what you are looking for and what you enjoy. If you want a beach to relax on for a couple of days, I also recommend Breezes, Jibacoa, which has brilliant snorkelling, scuba diving and catamarans to sail - if you enjoy that sort of thing. It is half the distance to Veradero.

We are just back from a twin-centre holiday and stayed at the Hotel Nacional de Cuba for the first 3 nights. I rate it highly, compared to many other Havana hotels that I saw. To be honest, I would have spent more time in Havana, which has so much to offer, and with only 5 days, you can take a taxi to a beach location and save the hassle of changing hotels.

Veradero has beautiful sandy beaches, but it is one hotel after the other, and little else of interest (some craft markets that are no comparison to Havana). It is also a long drive from, and back to Havana, due to the state of the roads. In my opinion, not worth it for just two nights.

Have a great trip and enjoy Havana.

Please take a look at my reviews (and other peoples) for a rounded opinion.

Cuba Libre.

5. Re: Havana and Varadero, 2 nighst each place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 05:18