We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

White City...
Level Contributor
289 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

Hi can someone please advise me how I can book a night at this hotel for one night in Feb. The price per night on their website it over three hundred dollars per night. I called CAA travel but they could not help me. I am from Saskatchewan but am willing to call any agency in Canada. We booked our all inclusive to Varadero through Air Canada vacations but they want over $400 per night. Thanks !

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

There are lots of booking sites you can find on here by doing a search. I would recommend www.yourowncuba.com/cuba-havana-hotels.html . These guys do an excellent job.

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

It is quite expensive to stay there. Depending on the season of course. I did stay there with my wife last November and it was Very nice. We just drove up without reservations but were lucky to get a room. It ran us 155 cuc with breakfast. http://www.cubahotelreservation.com/hotel is a Cuban run booking site that works as well.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

I also wanted to combine stay in Havana for couple of days with some beach time in Varadero and found that its not easy to do. When booking flight and hotel separately , whole thing becomes pretty expensive in comparison to standard Air Canada/ Transat Holidays package. Couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon very reasonable Transat Holidays package which includes 3 nights stay at Iberostar Parque Central and 4 nights at Iberostar Laguna Azul. I understand that is probably too late , since your Varadero part is already booked , but just in case , if you can change your booking.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

Yes, a few of the carriers (Westjet. Transat, probably others) offer those beach+city packages but they're rarely if ever bookable online. I've seen the public areas and pool at Parque Central. Nice place.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
199 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

Call sunwing and they can put a custom package together for u.

White City...
Level Contributor
289 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

Thanks everyone. Just to clarify we already have our trip booked with Air Canada Vacations. All we are looking for is ONE night at the Parque Central that does not cost $300 plus a night.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,551 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

Trip Central has it for $282/night in mid February. The Hotel Telegrafo at the end of the block is $182/night.

http://www.tripcentral.ca/

One of my favourites in Old Havana is the Hotel Conde de Villanueva. A standard is $160/night, a suite is $232/night.

http://www.habaguanexhotels.com/

Cheers,

Terry

toronto
Level Contributor
741 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

We stayed May last year for one night and booked on-line directly with the hotel but only paid $258 for a suite, not sure if it was because we booked last minute (a week and a half before arrival) or because it was slow season. It was a great place to stay but not sure if $400+ is worth it but at the $282 quoted above, I would book it. The lobby and roof top pool are amazing but you don't need to stay there to visit these.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
12,901 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

wanni - I suspect there is a big difference between February and May.

toronto
Level Contributor
741 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help fellow Canadians: booking Parque Central

I agree but I would book at $280 for high season. I know its not a suite but the location was ideal as well as the atmosphere and if you only have one night its a good base.