We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking casa particulares without internet

2 posts
Save Topic
Booking casa particulares without internet

As anyone who has travelled in Cuba knows, modern internet access (whether WiFi or 3/4G) is still not available. So either you need to do all your bookings of casa particulares from home, thereby losing flexibility, or you need to find another flexible way of making reservations while you are travelling. For this, I can recommend the web site of Raul Fuentes, www.cubaparticular.com. You can make you first booking on the web site before you leave home, and then Raul or his wife will call you in your first casa, and get you a reservation for your next stop when you know where you want to go. They will also arrange pick-up at the Viazul bus stops, enabling you to stay clear of some of the most annoying jiniteros (hustlers). And the casas they have on their site are generally very good value. We stayed for 3 weeks in Cuba, and using Raul's service, we didn't actually have to waste time queueing for the Internet access at the telepuntos to make forward reservations. So, using Raul's service will actually save you time and effort, unless of course you are a webaholic and love queuing at the telepunto.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking casa particulares without internet

I would never even contemplate trying to use the internet to make my next casa reservation. Simply having your present casa hosts book your next accommodation for you is by far the easiest method. I will check out your friends website though.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking casa particulares without internet

So as not to delude travellers; most casa owners would forward reserve for you once you know where and when you are going so no need to be "queuing" at the telepuntos, also most casa owners will arrange to meet you and return you to the Viazul stop if requested in advance - ie at the same time as booking, so again no need to be queuing at the telepuntos .... infact your Casa owner can organise a whole host of things on your behalf so all you need to do is ask.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking casa particulares without internet

What you are describing is not unique, it happens at almost every single casa in Cuba. If requested they will ALL make reservations for your next destination. Sometimes the reservations are iffy of course, some casa owners don't really care about your experience down the road.

Good luck to your pal.

Cheers,

Terry

Sarnia, Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,926 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking casa particulares without internet

Remember, if you arrive at a Casa, take a walk-through. You are under no obligation to take it if you do not like it. The owner may gripe, tell then what you do not like: ie, dirty, no privacy, smelly etc. They may rant and rave but you are the buyer.

I have heard horror stories from people's experiences in less than ideal Casas.

Edited: 06 December 2013, 18:23
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking casa particulares without internet

Tell us a bit more about your trip Mikael - which towns/cities did you visit ? How long at each place ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking casa particulares without internet

@ #5. I'd like to know as well. I'd be surprised if we ever hear from the OP again.

Edited: 06 December 2013, 19:25
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,274 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking casa particulares without internet

Raul's service really must have impressed, if after 3 weeks in Cuba that is all Mikael wanted to talk about.

8. Re: Booking casa particulares without internet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 05:18