We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Havana Casa

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Havana Casa

Hi

Me and my girlfriend are flying into Havana on the 9th January for 4 days.

Can someone recommend a casa with home cooked food close to all the attractions - beach view would be perfect :) but if not , not adeal breaker

Just somewhere were the owners are friendly, locals and offer an amazing experience

Thanks

T

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,311 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Havana Casa

If you want an actual beach, look at Guanabo and the other Playas del Este. But that is not close to the attractions.

If you mean sea view, there are lots of casas near to the Malecon.

January is busy time - many casas may already be booked. You may be better going through an agent such as pototo or jorge who can better tell you what is actually available.

Edmonton, Canada
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Havana Casa

I just got back from a great casa, about 2 minutes from play este .I also hired a drive through them a great driver who speaks English, French and Spanish .lali the driver has a 52 Chevy with great brakes.the people who has the casa is a marine biologist the husband a former chef at the Parliament building .for me I saved more by hiring the car and guide at a day rate.seen hidden gems , no hassle from locals, and when others are paying $20 or more a plate in havana my driver and I had great fresh fish and beverage for 2 at $7.50 . Here is the contact in if they can't help they will probably find someone who can . anyelilopez2006@yahoo.es home no . 53 7796 9352 or cell 53 5284 9589 . Hope you have a good trip .

Havana, Cuba
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Havana Casa

what is your budget, sea front houses are mostly out of town (the only attraction is the beach)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Havana Casa

http://www.yourowncuba.com

Also see this booking site that we have personally used recently and 2 examples of higher end casas (apartments) we have stayed in.

The first not fully independent unless you rent whole (3 bedrooms) apartment bedroom as we did - but is the ONLY casa that is actually on any of the main Old Havana squares - Plaze Vieja - (is actually over the microbrewery/restaurant).

cubaccommodation.com/properties_details.asp…

......contact Elaine, Alain or Onel and mention referral from Juan and Karina

Edited: 20 December 2013, 00:29
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Havana Casa

sorry second link should have been

6. Re: Havana Casa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 15:00
Bath, United Kingdom
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Havana Casa

We returned to Havana for the second tme in 3 years and casa particulars are the safest, cheapest option.

This year, we booked with Raul & Monika who run their own indepenedent agency - with the personal touch.

Check them out at www.cubaparticular.com

They have good knowledge and a commitment to satisfy your particular preferences.

We spent 5 nights in Old Havana, 1 in Cienfuegos, 3 in Trinidad and back to Havana for 3 more nights and, Raul handled all casa reservations professionally and matched accommodation to our needs whilst also taking care of airport transfers and inter-city.taxis.

A One-Stop Shop!

Totally recommended for reliable and friendly service.

Contact Raul on info@cubaparticular.com

Enjoy your trip!

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Havana Casa

You should definitely book your stay with Rolando y Marisol in Old Havana: "La Casa Del Chef". You can book it on www.cubaparticular.com. Great food, super friendly, super safe, very very clean & walking distance from the main attractions.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Havana Casa

We found the http://www.cubaparticular.com/ site very helpful in arranging for casas. Raul provided the personal touch, following up with our inquiries. While most of the travel sites are located somewhere in Europe, this one is in Havana. I wouldn't hesitate before contacting Raul at the cubaparticular.com site.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Havana Casa

It is interesting how every time someone asks for a casa a bunch of people with 1, 2 or 3 posts always pop up from nowhere with expert recommendations. The owners of these casas and casa booking websites must be really honoured that people sign up to TA with the sole purpose of recommending their business.

Of course to be fair Joseph from Andorra does have 13 posts - all of them recommending the same casa booking website.