We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi to Old Havana from airport, or can I get a bus?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxi to Old Havana from airport, or can I get a bus?

I was going to book a package to the Neptuna Triton hotel but it got so many bad reviews. It seems to be in the middle of nowhere and would cost a lot of money to travel to and from the hotel. My plan now is to get a flight and get to the old town and find somewhere to stay when I get there. I am a traveller and speak fluent Spanish so perhaps I could get a deal there.

What do you think?

Thanks

Penny

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,059 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxi to Old Havana from airport, or can I get a bus?

The best deals for hotels in Cuba, including Habana, is to book in advance true internet or true a Cuban travel agency when in Cuba. Over the counter prices are always more expensive than everything else. But if you're looking into staying in a casa particular, then the price will be the same or a bit cheaper by dealing directly with the owner, weither on internet, by telephone or in person because no intermediary will be involved.

There is no bus from the airport, your only option is a taxi (20CUC if you negotiate hard) or having the casa owner pick you up (for a fee usually).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxi to Old Havana from airport, or can I get a bus?

Good advice. Also can book taxi for pick-up for a tad more than the usual 20-25CUC to Havana

e.g.these guys (who also do casa bookings)

http://www.cubaccommodation.com/transfers.asp

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of taxi to Old Havana from airport, or can I get a bus?

Thanks Gengen. Great information!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of taxi to Old Havana from airport, or can I get a bus?

Thank you so much.

5. Re: Cost of taxi to Old Havana from airport, or can I get a bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 05:20