We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Parque Central or Nacional De Cuba hotel

Leeds, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Iberostar Parque Central or Nacional De Cuba hotel

Hi,

We are going to Havana for our honeymoon in May and are trying to work out the best hotel for us. As it's our honeymoon, we are pushing the boat out and have narrowed the options down to Iberostar Parque Central and the Nacional De Cuba.

We're obviously looking for an excellent hotel, but also one which is relatively central, with plenty of nightlife as well as plenty of things to see and do during the day.

Anyone got an opinion on either of those hotels?

Thanks in advance

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,236 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Parque Central or Nacional De Cuba hotel

Parque Central is alot closer to Old Havana and all that that area has to offer ( restaurants, bars, museums, historic squares), if that is your thing.

I would imagine the Nacional be a quieter place, with a view of the ocean (room permitting).

I don't think that you could go wrong with either for what you want to do.

Happy Honeymoon!

Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Parque Central or Nacional De Cuba hotel

I've stayed at Parque Central. It is a lovely hotel. We had a room in the colonial section with a little balcony looking over the park. I also loved the roof top pool for cooling off after a day of sight-seeing.

Green Valley
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Parque Central or Nacional De Cuba hotel

We have stayed at the Nacional 3 times and visited for lunch at the Iberostar once. They are two VERY different hotels - it depends on what you are looking for.

We love the Nacional and would not consider staying anywhere else. A tip for you, book through select-a-room on line if you can (cheaper than anywhere else!). Choose to stay on the Executive floor. You get separate check in - just head straight to the 6th floor for this(the lobby is very busy all the time) and the rooms are well kept. Sitting in the gardens or in the back entertainment area on the leather couches is second to none for people watching - great entertainment to be had. The pool is very nice with lots of places to sit and not very busy.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

Leeds, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberostar Parque Central or Nacional De Cuba hotel

Thanks very much everyone for their help - most helpful!

Can I just ask – one reservation we do have about the Nacional is that it may be too far from the Old town of Havana. Is this the case? We both enjoy walking but it may be a pain to have to get taxis every night in order to go out.

Is there plenty to see and do in the area that the Nacional is located?

Thanks again,

Nigel

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberostar Parque Central or Nacional De Cuba hotel

There is much more to see for a first time visitor around Parque Central than around Nacional. And it's too far to walk to Old Havana. To me, Nacional is a place you visit for a drink and a walk in the garden, not a place I would stay.

My vote goes to Parque Central. Perfect location for exploring Havana. Or save some money and stay at Telegrafo accross the street, but that's another discussion.

Leeds, United...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberostar Parque Central or Nacional De Cuba hotel

Thank you all for the advice.

We have decided to opt for the Parque Central mainly because of its location. I'm sure we'll visit the Nacional at some point and enjoy a drink in its sumptuous surroundings.

Thanks again everyone!

7. Re: Iberostar Parque Central or Nacional De Cuba hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 05:20