We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

We need to get from Havana to Hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria in April.

We have looked at internal flights but they depart Havana very early in the morning and return very late at night. I have not been able to find an alternative internal air line. Can anyone help please ?

Alternatively is is possible to hire a private car and driver to make the journey. I think it would take about 5 hours. Is this journey on motorways or would it be scenic and if we took longer to arrive could we stop off and see anything interesting on the way ?

Many Thanks

Sue

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Hi Horndon

We are also looking travel from Havana to Hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria - could you please advise what route you took in the end. I am not keen on the internal flight times either.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

The journey will definitely be scenic, just long!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,860 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Is the quickest route motorway to Santa Clara and then across country ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

Hi

We did take the internal flight back in the end, and cut off a day at the Royalton so we had another day in Havana and could enjoy our last night. I have to say we had to be ready for the pick up to the airport at 6pm and did not reach our hotel in Havana until gone midnight. The flight was perfect with no cause for concerns but it was a lot quicker and smother when we flew from Havana ! When we arrived at Havana on our return once we retrieved our baggage the airport guard locked the airport - padlocked the gates ! - and rode off on his bike ! We stood, with other passengers, for 35 mins on the side of an unlit road waiting for the coach. There was a traffic policeman with a torch for our safety. There were no taxis as an alternative. It was a very interesting and memorable journey - but not quick !

Good Luck - any way you return I feel you will have a story to tell at the end !

5. Re: Hotel Royalton Cayo Santa Maria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 07:16