We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Toronto to Havana

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flights from Toronto to Havana

Has anyone flown with Cubana de Aviacion, and if so could you give me your thoughts on the flight, good, bad or indifferent? I haven't been able to find much in the way of reviews about this airline.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
841 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Toronto to Havana

We flew with Cubana out of Toronto for the 1st time earlier this year to Holguin and would not hesitate to use them again compared to the other charter airline we've used in the past. More legroom was the clincher for me but the extra baggage allowance didn't hurt either. The basic food on the flight down was good and hit the spot on the early bird flight to Cuba because it was provided by a Toronto based supplier. The return trip Cuban supplied food...Not so good. We had heard about the Airline food situation prior to the trip from other TripAdvisor reviews and forum user posts so we had taken snacks with us from home for both legs of the trip which came in handy not only on the flights but also while waiting at the airports. The staff were not the friendliest on the plane but they were tolerable

One Important Note: We had to, and you MUST pick up our tourist cards at the Air Transat Service Counter Prior to checking in at the Cubana Airlines Counter in Toronto when flying via Hola Sun Vacations!!!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
17,306 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Toronto to Havana

There are actually quite frequent threads on Cubana.

I flew with them from Toronto once, but have flown with them on other routes - I usually find their staff friendlier than average - but that may depend on whether you speak Spanish.

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from Toronto to Havana

Thanks 2frosty4u muchas gracias

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
841 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights from Toronto to Havana

You're Welcome, One other thing to note is there is zero entertainment available on the flight. No Movie, No Music Channels...Nada. We brought our tablets with movies and music on them to amuse ourselves while in transit.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights from Toronto to Havana

We flew Cubana from Toronto to Cayo Coco in March 2014.It was fine.The food was better from Toronto than from Cayo Coco.There is no entertainment but didn`t bother us.The baggage allowance is 46 kg per person.We would definitely fly again with Cubana.

6. Re: Flights from Toronto to Havana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:17