We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Security

Level Contributor
781 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airline Security

Anyone know if Cuba is planning on introducing the latest security measures requested by the good ol' USA?? i.e. all electrical items need to be charged and be able to be switched on....

I can see a good scam at customs coming here :)

Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
El Malecon
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Walking Areas
Fabrica de Arte Cubano
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline Security

I honestly thought this was always the rule and have always ensured that electronic devices were charged so they could be checked.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
102,433 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline Security

It makes you wonder what they will come up with next.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline Security

They say stricter security for all passengers travelling to the US, when going through security how do they know what your destination is. They don't. For many years I've taken belts, shoes off and all electronic devices are subject to scanning.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,496 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline Security

I agree with #1. Its been like that in Canada since at least 2010. I had to power my laptop for them at YVR on my way home from the Vancouver Games.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline Security

Have never had this happen, shaver, notebook, or mp3.....have never been turned on or asked to be....

who comes up with this anyway and that from Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto .....lol......and we are still allowed a hand razor with no problems, but no nail file....

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
836 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline Security

I got asked to power a laptop up *years* ago at YFC and it's never happened since. However, I'm going to assume everyone is going to go knee-jerk over this as usual and assume all my devices need to be powered up when flying anywhere to anywhere. Just in case. (PS another reason why AC rouge flights with no power outlets seatback are a pain to be avoided.)

Edited: 15 July 2014, 00:04
Level Contributor
5,196 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline Security

Flavour of the week. This too shall pass.

I've also seen this at Canadian airports on occasion for years.

Edited: 15 July 2014, 01:55
8. Re: Airline Security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16