We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

6 posts
Save Topic
How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

Any suggestion on how to go from Havana city center to Marina Hemingway?

Is there any public or other means of transport (e.g. bus, train, taxi) that you would suggest?

thank you ;)

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

Best bet would be a taxi.

BTW if you dont mind me asking what the interest there?

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

Really taxi is the only sensible option.

Vilnius
Level Contributor
588 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

Or get the hop on / off bus (5 cuc), get off at Miramar & get a taxi from there. Get a taxi back to centre.

Ourense, Spain
Level Contributor
504 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

...or (if routes in this link are still in force) take a taxi to Plaza de la Revolución and get the tourist city bus there to the Marina and back... or whatever route suits you better:

cuba-junky.com/havana/havana_bus_tour.html

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
851 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

Hi, did this a few years ago, we got a open top cadillac (?) from in front of capitolio... (Havana)sorry can't remember the cost.but although the marina is huge there is not a lot too see,the driver waited for us to take us back I think we stayed two hours approx.,and that was pushing it (not a lot to do?). We had a few drinks and a meal at a restaurant on the marina,then we went to a bar/restaurant that Hemingway used to moor is yaught next to and have a drink or two. I know sounds like I am describing the same place,I have to say although the above was interesting too see...when you have seen it, that was that?. The very,very best of this was being chaufered about in this car'

Edited: 14 August 2014, 16:40
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

Thank you all for you help :)

As the last question, do you know how much a taxi would cost?

We are thinking to go for a sailing course there :)

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

re 4 - I thought they had cut it down to two routes.

but re 3 + 4 - why complicate matters ? Having to find a taxi in some intermediate point - or find the bus stop and wait around - is it worthwhile ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

I went from Vedado to Marina Hemingway with a private cars that I flagged on the street and negotiated with the drivers (basic Spanish is needed) for 8 CUC going there and 5 Cuc back. I guess a legal taxi will be more than that.

The cheapest way to get close to the marina from downtown is with a colectivo (fixed route taxi) . Some of them go from Capitolio all the way to Miramar and the price is 20 MN per person or around 1CUC. From Miramar you can get a regular taxi to the marina

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

The fixed route peso taxis go all the way to Santa Fe - so right past the entrance to the Marina. So that would be the cheapest.

But I got the impression that the OP may have been looking for simlpest rather than quickest.

By the way, did Hemingway ever actually visit the Marina which bears his name ?

10. Re: How to get Marina Hemingway from city center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:17