We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gran club santa lucia

ajax
2 posts
Save Topic
gran club santa lucia

Has anybody been to gran club and can tell me all about it, planning to go mid July with wife and 3 teenagers. Are there any good excursions to go on or you can recommend.

Plaza del Carmen
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Historic Walking Areas, Missions, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Camaguey Centro
Historic Walking Areas, Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Plaza San Juan de Dios
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gran club santa lucia

Hello Greg!!

I haven't stayed at Gran Club. I HAVE visited it several times. It looks like a very nice resort and most people say it is the best one in Santa Lucia.

Gran Club has pink flamingos on site and a nice swim up bar. It also has one of the better artisan shopping areas. (Depending on how full the hotel is)

There are many excursions to go on, however, you are going at a time when its not so busy and I think you may find it will be harder to get an excursion booked since they don't like to send a bus, van etc out 1/4 full. Many Cubans holiday at this time of year and not so many "northerners".

There are always trips to Coco Beach for dinner , thats a nice trip. If you can't get an organized one, you can take a taxi and have it come back or wait for you.

There is also a pink flamingo tour which includes, snorkeling at the reef, an 11 km boat ride down the Nuevitas Channel where you will see the flamingos in the wild, a stop at Iguana Island for lunch (trust me you will see lots of iguanas lol) and generally a stop at Starfish Gardens where the guide will dive in and bring some up for you to see. This is a nice trip but it will be very hot in July.

There is a day trip into Camaguey which includes various points of interest and a lunch. I recommend this one if you want to experience the culture and people. Once again no swimming on this trip so its going to be hot.

There is a Playa Bonita trip which includes snorkeling and lunch on the beach.

There are some discos and night clubs for after hours. The Jungle, Mar Verde and Rumbas. If you have teens (depending on ages), don't let them hang out at Rumbas alone. Although the local people are wonderful, your teens may get propositioned. A lot of European men seem to like to look for Cuban girls there. Mar Verde has a good show late at night and dancing after.

I am not sure if these excursions are available all year round. We always go in Jan and I have also been in April. Your tour representative will be able to help you once you get there. Make sure to go to the orientation meeting so that you will be well informed of whats going on while you are there.

Have a great time and enjoy the Cuban Charm !!

Make sure to let us know how your trip goes.

--caribbean_breezes

Mentioned in this post
London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: gran club santa lucia

Greg , check out these user reviews for Gran Club....

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g2339909-d25641…

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: gran club santa lucia

We will also be going to this resort arriving on 26th july for two

weeks, we have been to santa lucia before but not to this hotel

Ajax
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: gran club santa lucia

We might just end up there as well... end of July for 2 weeks. Nothing booked yet, but that one is near the top of our list.

canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: gran club santa lucia

We booked last week and the prices have gone up at gran club booking through selloff vacations.com ours were $2100 for a suite type room for 14 days

ajax
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: gran club santa lucia

Does anybody know the email address for gran Club Santa Lucia I can't seem to find it anywhere

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gran club santa lucia

You can try this one...

ventas@clubst.stl.cyt.cu

I found this one listed for 2006, hopefully it is still in use.

Montreal (Québec)
Level Contributor
871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gran club santa lucia

I have stayed at Gran Club in March and would totally recommend it but... during the summertime, it is not very lively. The hotel is deserted. I would better suggest going at Brisas. More people go there during the summer but if you were to go at another period, I would definitely suggest without a doubt staying at Gran Club.

Ontario
Level Contributor
120 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gran club santa lucia

Hi Greg:

We have been there twice now, both during the off season and peak perid. We reall enjlyed the place and will be returning this fall for our 3rd visit. the suites are really nice, food is great and so much to do. If you go to coco beach take a local taxi - its perfect.

Here is my link of our last trip early Dec.

…webshots.com/album/556749593YmszqG0

Enjoy your trip

Jeff

10. Re: gran club santa lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Camaguey
Recent Conversations