We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back from Gran Club

owen sound
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Topic
just back from Gran Club

after a 16 hrs plane ride from cuba to toronto and all that darn fog in Toronto nice to be home. Any questions just ask

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Plaza del Carmen
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Historic Walking Areas, Missions, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Camaguey Centro
Historic Walking Areas, Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Plaza San Juan de Dios
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just back from Gran Club

16 hours? Good Lord. Welcome Home LOL

owen sound
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: just back from Gran Club

we all sat in Ottawa on the plane because no customs agents til 7:30am at the airport and the fog in toronto....our flight was Camaguay Toronto Ottawa,Ottawa Toronto Ottawa, then at 10:30 or so we took off from Ottawa to Toronto for the last time after going through customs in Ottawa, not to many happy people on that flight all tired of flying all night and sitting on the plane

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
im1
Sudbury Ont. Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back from Gran Club

I would like to go to that resort. But, I think I should wait to ask about it until you unwind!! 16 hrs? Where the H....did you fly to? By way of Italy ?or what? Who? What? Were? Enquiring minds??

owen sound
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: just back from Gran Club

Toronto was fogged in when we tired to land the first time so got sent to Ottawa after 2 1/2 hrs sitting there tired Toronto again but could not land so back to Ottawa to sit for another5 hrs before finally being able to get out to Toronto

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
im1
Sudbury Ont. Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: just back from Gran Club

I've been in some tough spots in my time, but NOT in Canada! (Well not a BIG problem)Thats so bad! Close ,yet so far . Hope thats not too common. I would hate for that to happen , To anyone!. Did it cause you alot of trouble as well ? RE/ trip home,work, homesitter?etc.

owen sound
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: just back from Gran Club

just with work for me and my wife one more day off and the extra parking we had to pay because of the time we got there.. the funny thing is there were people from Ottawa on the plane but there cars were in Toronto

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: just back from Gran Club

We seen pictures of the breakfast at gran club. Not too impressive but were good with fruit and juice so thats ok. Perhaps it is better then it looks. I would have loved to see lunch and supper, since you just got back, can you let us know, what was the food like? Did you snorkle? How was it, see many different fish? I would love to hear what you did, how you like it since its our first time going to cuba. Thanks so much

Paul and Suzanne Evans

8. Re: just back from Gran Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2007, 13:13
ontario
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: just back from Gran Club

Thats definately unacceptable. Didn't any of the women or even men for that matter object to their women having to perform such a demeaning task, really thats like selling your self for some meat.

I will either not have roast beef or if I did want it, kick up a stink till I got what I wanted without kissing anything of his!!

Perhaps it was done in fun, but it should be optional for sure.

thanks for the warning.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,335 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just back from Gran Club

Suz.... the previous poster has only posted once. I would rely on people posting here who have numerous posts and that that you can check to see what contributions they have made.

We have a couple of trolls who like to open more than one account and post dribble.

While it is a possibility, It is highly unlikely this would happen.

I doubt this guys post will last long, I expect a delete soon.

Have a wonderful time Suz and enjoy your holiday!!! I am looking forward to reading about your experiences when you return.

Get answers to your questions about Camaguey
Recent Conversations