We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be Live or Gran Club in October?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
637 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Be Live or Gran Club in October?

Has anyone ever been to either of these hotels towards the end of October?

I was originally going to go at the beginning of January, but it's half the price to go in October. I'm wondering if that is because certain amenities won't be offered?

Which hotel is better for a single parent with a young (almost 4 years old) child?

toronto
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Be Live or Gran Club in October?

Hi Be-live is better service and food. I will be going on the 4th of oct to belive.

Port Colborne...
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Be Live or Gran Club in October?

I perfer the Oasis which now is Be Live, the resort is nicer landscaped, the beaches are the same. The Oasis BE LIVE had a nicer feel to it. and I did walk over to the other resort and see for my self. I was there last October for Thanksgiving and had a great time.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Be Live or Gran Club in October?

depends. the best snorkeling is off caracol just next door to gran club. kids club at brisas mite be up and running. check your travel person for info. not too busy during oct. on santa lucia. wherever, you will have a lovely time with great people. carol e. softer, shallow beach at brisas for the little ones. take water shoes anyway. entertainment at brisas in the evening for the little people is fun.

Oakville
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Be Live or Gran Club in October?

Hi, our first visit to the Be Live was middle October/2009. Remember it is still rainy season...so unfortunately when we were there that time it rained - A LOT...but then that is a seasonal thing and nothing to do with the property. Because of rain (and the area) there are mosquitoes - bring bug repellant.

Other than that...when we were there last October our daughter was pretty much the only child there - so she was "spoiled" by the entertainment tea - Yudi was in the kid's club every time she wanted to go even if she was the only child. Not sure how they work the dates for having the a la cartes open but last October all were available (Italian, Cuban and seafood), when we were there at the end of this August - only Italian and seafood. Book those if you can, for a variety...but the buffet is great - lots to chose from, even for kids (pasta, pizza, icecream).

Have fun...we did and are waiting to go back for visit #3.

toronto
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Be Live or Gran Club in October?

why dont everyone book for oct 4th.

nolitours is $197+tax this is a deal.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Be Live or Gran Club in October?

I would choose Be Live, we just came back from one of the best weeks we have ever had there, right now, they have the best staff, new manager, a lot of renos have been done. Couldn't ask for more for the price.

Renfrew, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Be Live or Gran Club in October?

so glad you had a great time SailOrman! hope we'll see each other next time!

8. Re: Be Live or Gran Club in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Camaguey
Recent Conversations