We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

Hello,

I am going to Brisas Santa Lucia in 8 weeks and just booked with Nolitours. I've been told Nolitours has a special section of this hotel (Cameleon section) just for the Nolitours guests. Does anyone know which building / part of the hotel this section is located in? Is it close to the beach? Anything else you can tell me about it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

it's a quiet area central to the resort not on the beach. easy walking everywhere on the resort. building 15 ot thereabouts rings a bell. but you can request beach area directly with resort by email.carol e.

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

Noli usually has block 12-16. We went on March break and requested block 6 near the beach. Its farther away from restaurants but within 5 min walk. Its farther away from the disco and no traffic from other guests.

Very nice and clean too. Always had hot water!!!

Cannington...
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

Is this hotel quiet in August and in good repair with adequate food? What are its main features AND SELLING POINTS?

Cannington...
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

Is this hotel quiet in August and in good repair with adequate food? What are its main features AND SELLING POINTS?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

"Is this hotel quiet in August?" ~ not necessarily as many Cubans vacation at the Santa Lucia resorts in July and August.

"in good repair with adequate food? ~ it's not the Ritz, but very adequate for the price.

"What are its main features AND SELLING POINTS? ~ it's a very affordable holiday destination with too many pro's (and some con's) to list here. Read the many reviews which go into great detail about what is offered, and perhaps what is lacking too. But for the price, you can't really go wrong.

Terry

barrie area
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

when in august you going we just booked the 11th looking forward to it

Oakville
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

We have been to the Be Live in October, August, and January...looking forward to going back on August 25th. The busiest was January, but found August to have a lot of guests. The only difference we really noticed is that in the "peak" months - the buffet was opened right up (with a pizza and pasta bar in the back half) and all of the a la cartes were open. Whereas in August, some of the a la cartes were closed. It's been good no matter which time of year we have been there.

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

The first time I went to Brisas in December, 2009; it was good. Friendly service, staffs were friendly. Room okay, Beach and the Food was not that impressive, but okay. Then I went there again in October, 2010; It was okay and not that impressive. I just went there recently, in October 2011; the service was horrible. No Hot Water, Full of mosquitoes. Beach was dirty. the Food was horrible; we only ate 2 breakfast and 2 lunch; only one A LA CARTE dinner at the Italian Restaurant; At the Italian, the choice were only pasta and Pizza. Even those were horrible; we could not even eat the pasta we ordered. The plates and glass at the Buffet were dirty. No service at all due to lack of staff. Even at the Bar, the service is not that good. We are not that heavy drinkers, but we were about to have few beer one day when we were there. Had one glass each, and then I went there again, the bartender told me its out, that’s like around 11 pm. There were not even 7 or 8 people there by the time. Same thing on the Beach bar, I asked for a bear while at beach, he said the Tap was not working due to the rain. There is no more Disco in the resort. While I was there, I went to the club outside, I saw the Entertainment Staff were bringing the liquor bottles from Brisas and taking them through the window from outside. The girl named Julie was extremely wild in the club; she was like a table dancer and next day she was on the stage at Brisas. Well, we said good bye to Brisas, and we would never recommend to anyone.

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

The first time I went to Brisas in December, 2009; it was good. Friendly service, staffs were friendly. Room okay, Beach and the Food was not that impressive, but okay. Then I went there again in October, 2010; It was okay and not that impressive. I just went there recently, in October 2011; the service was horrible. No Hot Water, Full of mosquitoes. Beach was dirty. the Food was horrible; we only ate 2 breakfast and 2 lunch; only one A LA CARTE dinner at the Italian Restaurant; At the Italian, the choice were only pasta and Pizza. Even those were horrible; we could not even eat the pasta we ordered. The plates and glass at the Buffet were dirty. No service at all due to lack of staff. Even at the Bar, the service is not that good. We are not that heavy drinkers, but we were about to have few beer one day when we were there. Had one glass each, and then I went there again, the bartender told me its out, that’s like around 11 pm. There were not even 7 or 8 people there by the time. Same thing on the Beach bar, I asked for a bear while at beach, he said the Tap was not working due to the rain. There is no more Disco in the resort. While I was there, I went to the club outside, I saw the Entertainment Staff were bringing the liquor bottles from Brisas and taking them through the window from outside. The girl named Julie was extremely wild in the club; she was like a table dancer and next day she was on the stage at Brisas. Well, we said good bye to Brisas, and we would never recommend to anyone.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
116 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisas Santa Lucia - Cameleon (Nolitours)

two out of three is not bad

Get answers to your questions about Camaguey
Recent Conversations