We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada

Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada? Are there any restrictions from the Cuban Goverment/Airports or the airline?

Than you.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,313 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada

I'm sure you won't have any problems. My Cuban friend has flown to the UK and back both on Thomas Cook and Thomson which are both UK Charter airlines. This was in the days when Cubans needed a PVE to travel out of the country.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,072 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada

There is absolutly no problem for you to take Sunwing. But be careful with the allowed bagages weight, Sunwing is really strict about it.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada

You're right there, Gengen. Cost me an extra $20 CAD going down in April with Sunwing, and I had already acquired the extra 10kg's with the elite service too on top of my regular 25kg allotment. I must admit, I didn't even bother weighing my suitcase...I knew it was over weight. Had to sit on the stupid bugger and shift my butt around the edge just to get it zipped up.

Terry

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada

Sunwings luggage allowance is 20kg or the elite is 30kg. Carry on is 5 kg and they do weigh it.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada

One thing to remember as well with weight restrictions, bags can be heavier going home. That's assuming you don't leave all kinds of stuff in Cuba. If you take home the same amount as you left with, you'll be over your allowance. Bags in tropical climates tend to soak up the moisture from the humidity and it actually adds a pound or two. I didn't believe it myself until I tested the theory this year :)

1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada

Hi, Did you travel without problem to cuban?

I've heard the same thing about cubans resident with Subwing

Thanks,

17. Re: Are Cubans allowed to flight with Sunwing from and to Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Camaguey
Recent Conversations