We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camaguey City Hotels

Oakville
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Camaguey City Hotels

Hello, so of course less than a week before our trip we wonder "instead of driving back and forth to Camaguey, twice, in the space of 12 hours...we would send our luggage to the Brisas and they will put it in our room. Then we would stay in Camaguey as that is where the pictures for the quincineara (sp?) are being taken. But I don't know where.yet. Is this City really big? We have only ever driven in and out by bus to the airport.

We have never done a "stop over" before on a Cuban holiday, we have always travelled with the bus to the properties...so we need recommendations. And then after pictures on Wednesday...what should we go and see...before we go back to the Brisas (by taxi :)

Gracias, 7 sleeps...and counting.

Terry

Plaza del Carmen
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Missions, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Walking Areas
Camaguey Centro
Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Historic Walking Areas
Plaza San Juan de Dios
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camaguey City Hotels

There are 3 brand new/renovated hotels in the centre of Camaguey. The lady who takes care of the sales is the former sales manager from Club Amigo Mayanabo, Leonor

You can reach her by e-mail at Leonor@ehoteles.cmg.tur.cu

I have seen the hotels just before they were finished (in January 2014) and they were absolute gorgeous. They could be standing in any world city

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
18,604 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camaguey City Hotels

It looks like the hotels in the city are all part of the Islazul chain. You might prefer to stay in a private house - a casa particular instead.

Camaguey is the third largest city in Cuba with a population over 300,000. So a bit bigger than Oakville, it seems.

Oakville
Level Contributor
327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camaguey City Hotels

Ok thank you I will email her. I don't know how far from the airport to the centre of Camaguey. We would be taking a taxi. Thanks.

Terry

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
18,604 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camaguey City Hotels

OK - spoke too soon. Those don't have listings in Trip Advisor yet.

I guess these are two of them:

hotelescubanacan.com/portal/web/guest/hotels…

And this might be the other:

For some reason the Cubanacan website doesn't like to mention Camaguey - though the cmg in the email addresses is a clue - and the last doesn't even show the province dialling code in the phone numbers.

Edited: 15 July 2014, 23:49
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Camaguey City Hotels

There are actually 4 and soon to be 5....

Hotel Camino de Hierro: 10 rooms

Hotel La Avellaneda: 9 rooms

Hotel El Marqués: 6 rooms

Hotel Santa María: 31 rooms

All of these hotels belong to the “Hoteles E “ which belong to Cubanacan Hoteles Group like Club Amigo and Brisas. Hoteles E mean excellence and encanto ( charming)

They are located downtown, very close to some important placees in the city. None have a pool, but El Marqués has a Jacuzzi for 6 persons. They will be taking over a new hotel in December, La Sevillana, 25 rooms. This hotel will have a pool and some jacuzzi(s). It is downtown too.

Edited: 16 July 2014, 11:17
Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
6,265 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Camaguey City Hotels

Terry, I'm glad to hear that you will stay in the city rather than do that leg all the way to the beach and back. I was going to suggest that to you earlier.

My suggestion for you is to stay at Hotel Camino de Hierro. In my opinion, it's the absolute best hotel in the city. It's a boutique hotel right in the heart of the downtown where there is everything to see. It's very posh...from the rooms, to the restaurant downstairs. I'm absolutely positive that you won't be disappointed. Cost per night for double occupancy is 100CUC. You can see fotos and reviews by following the link:

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g147272-d2554791…

You really can't go wrong when staying at the Camino de Hierro. It's the best the city has to offer all rolled into one package.

Terry

Edited: 16 July 2014, 12:04
toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Camaguey City Hotels

Try a casa, 20-25cuc. My personal favorite is Casa Aleida, lovely people and english is spoken. The Colon is nice to look at as are the newly built hotels but I find them too expensive. You'll love Camaguey it is a beautiful city with about 350,000 people. Must sees are Plaza del Carmen, San Juan Dios (sp?) Parque Agramonte (get a coffee at Cafe Ciudad, best cap in the world). So many great restaurants I can't name the all and the food is wonderful. If it's not raining Casa de Trova for music and dancing. I spent alot of time in Camaguey, know the people well, it is the safest, friendliest city I have ever been to and I can't wait to retire there.

toronto
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Camaguey City Hotels

It's not far from the center, cost 8 cuc give the driver 10 and watch the smile. Casa Aleida is on Calle San Martin a block from Republica which is Camaguey version of Yonge St.

9. Re: Camaguey City Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Camaguey
Recent Conversations