We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Santigo

Thunder bay
6 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Santigo

Was thinking of booking Costa Morena second week in October if anyone has been at this time of year am I crazy to go in hurricane season???????

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,246 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Santigo

Are ya crazy? I do not know! What exactly does your sense of adventure entail? I have been in Santiago in early november and found it to be humid and rainy. Santiago is Cuba's hot spot on many a day anyways. It is anybody's guess as to what the weather will be like as each year has it's own surprise and never repeats itself exactly as before.

I do know that if a hurricane is a coming your way then they will most likely house you up at the Melia hotel in the city and that is a step in the right direction all things considered. Santiago as you might know is on the south-east coast with the possibility of being the first land a hurricane encounters when approaching Cuba. Costa Morena in October will be quite quiet I will assume. If you are that worried then why not wait until you want to go, all the while keeping an eye on the weather forecast?

northern ontario
Level Contributor
341 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Santigo

Did you decide to book it? Curious to know what you think of this hotel if you go. Take lots of pictures. We are headed to Santiago area but not til mid november...keeping fingers crossed that there will be less hurricane activity then.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Santigo

I was there the last week of October a few years ago. It was HOT! 4 of the 7 days were great, sunny, humid, hot. The other 3 days were tropical storm Noel. It was an experience but we had a great time spending time with our friends.

Ontario
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Santigo

Call me nuts but we just booked Oct 3rd ......woot woot

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Santigo

Nah, you're not nuts! I'd do it again too, tropical storm Noel and all!

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Santigo

we were in santa lucia at caracol when mini noel rolled in [ literally across the reefs ] it was an incredible experience and we have made lifelong friends from this happening! hallowe'en was a hoot too. lol. carol e.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Santigo

Carol, Halloween there WAS awesome! I brought a small pumpkin with me and carved it with a bunch of staff and fellow Canadians. One of the cooks even fried up the seeds for everyone to try. Not that I recommend smuggling fruits/veg into Cuba, I just had to do it!

Funny how things like that bring people together; I too made some friends I still keep in touch with there.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,641 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Santigo

melissam, were you there with us, too? we had so much fun!!! carol e. they're stll talking about it at caracol after 3 years.!!! are the barrie sisters still out there? missed out on trip to corales and queenie that year. lol

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Santigo

Sorry, not there as in Caracol, I was at Sierra Mar with the bf and two other couples. You guys had pumpkins too?!? They were such a huge hit with everyone. Well, a few fellow Canadians looked on and thought we were crazy. I should point out that we had spent about 10 hours at the bar by the time we started carving the pumpkins lol.

10. Re: Weather in Santigo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de Cuba