We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm doing a stupid thing.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
I'm doing a stupid thing.

On Monday I am going to Costa Morena for a seoond visit. I don't really have the money for it but what the heck. It was a cheap ticket. Would it be worth it to spend a few extra bucks and get myself into Santiago for a few days?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

Santiago is always worth a visit

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

for sure!!! have a great time! I wish I was back there now! I'd be going to the carnival :) I'm back in February for 2 weeks and absolutely want to take in the Carnival next summer. Enjoy your trip! lucky!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,239 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

I just saw Costa Morena from Toronto listed at $178!!!!!!!!!

Plus $274 in taxes of course :+0

For $452 bucks you can't go wrong! Yeah why not go into Santiago? It'll be hot, hot, hot, though. Lots of casas and a few small city hotels to chose from. Hotels Las Americas & San Juan have their own pools.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

what site are you looking at CubaWaters?

I also leave from Montreal..do you use TMR?

i'm always trying to find the best deal - too bad air only is so expensive!!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Santiago de Cuba
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

Well welcome back!!!! :))))) Of course go into the city of Santiago de Cuba and check things out. Will be a lot hotter and humid then when you were at Costa Morena last. As CW suggests lots of CP's and small hotels to choose from. The average rate per night for a Casa Particular will be 25 CUC's and food will be extra. Would suggest at least breakfast at your casa. Go and enjoy!!!! Bon Voyage!!!! CQ :)))))

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

My ticket was $178 plus taxes and single supplement for a grand total of $502. Can't go wrong with a price like that! Ticket was booked using selloffvacations.com.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

wow! can't go wrong with that price! have fun mig :)

toronto
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

Hello everyone,

Which is a better hotel resort, Costa Morena or Brisas Sierra Mar?

Which would you recommend? Also, I will be travelling into Santiago toward the end of my trip.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited: 11 July 2011, 23:01
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

hi Crazy Hazel1..i answered you on your other thread. I really enjoyed my stay at Brisas Sierra Mar...I was there this June for one week.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,239 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm doing a stupid thing.

crazyhaze1....the Brisas Sierra Mar is definitely the nicer resort but it is also about 45 minutes further away than Costa Morena to the city of Santiago.. Brisa Sierra Mar is approx. 90 minutes and Costa Morena 45 minutes from Santiago.