We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Siboney

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
104 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Siboney

Does anyone know what would it cost to take a taxi from the Viazul station in S de C, to the town of Playa Siboney?

Thanks for any info.

1. Re: Playa Siboney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 May 2012, 18:49
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Siboney

I sometimes forget about these new private taxi guys who are now able to be officially licensed even though their cars may not be up to "official taxi" standards. You might be able to get one of these guys to take you to Playa Siboney for 15 cuc. More than likely they will have a taxi sign on their car as well and if you are unsure, then ask to see their permit that is in the form of a sticker on the windshield. The price will usually depend on the size and type of vehicle involved and your ability to bargain.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Siboney

Just got back and twice I took a car to Playa Siboney, old vintage kind, from Park Cespedes to PS for $15.

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
104 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Siboney

Well just FYI ... I managed to get from Playa Siboney to Santiago for CUC10 with the grandson of the casa owner. I paid CUC13 to get to Playa Siboney from Santiago in a "private taxi" with the windshield sticker.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Siboney

You did well. I guess that it is safe to say that one ting that is getting cheaper in Cuba is the taxi fares with all these newly licensed private drivers. They were around before but were taking a chance getting caught. Save the newer cars with the more expensive fares for the long haul, I guess.

6. Re: Playa Siboney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2012, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Santiago de Cuba