We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21

We have until tomorrow (Oct. 22nd, 2017) to decide if we should cancel our trip or not.

What is the actual condition of the resort? What about the beach, lodging, food and drinking water ?

Can someone please get back to me ASAP

Thank you

Dany

7 replies to this topic
Consett, United...
Level Contributor
21,539 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21

Did you mean september? If october as per post you have another month .

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21

It is in October but to get our money back we have until tomorrow to decide.

Danielle

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
21,539 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21

Oh ok .

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21

me I go on my gut feeling the weather repairs on resorts if any, conditions of pools rooms and restaurants and also beach conditions that's a deal breaker for me if the beach has eroded the beach line moved they say that downtown Varadero has only 50% power to date it's not like you paid 1200 $ for your vacation if you did go me I would CANX and book a later date but who knows it could be all good in 1 month and Varadero will be up and running at a 100 % by October 14 there are a few post on this resort on TA pre Irma

Mentioned in this post
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21

You will be fine traveling on October 14th for sure...Everything is practically back to normal..the hotel that I stay at Be Alive Turquesa is opening back up tomorrow and has had a full inspection by the Cuban Government before they were allowed to open...one thing I would suggest if you can bring extra stuff with you for the Cubans they will love it...Think off stuff that they will need to help them out...I would suggest bed sheets, batteries, flashlights, candles, medicine(Advil/Tylenol), baseball hats, sun glasses, bug spray, sun tan lotion, belts, shoes for adults and children etc..if you can get a hold of long sleeve or long sleeve pants that dry fast in the sun that would be like Gold for the workers on the beach or in the hotel...they are in sun all day long and this is really beneficial for them for sure...whatever you can bring it will be greatly appreciated...Children love coloring books, crayons, napsacks, stickers, notebooks, glitter stuff for the hair..elastics, and one other thing that is GOLD is tampons for women for sure...Also razors are great for men, body wash, deodorant, sunglasses, etc...whatever you can take will be much appreciated...oops, water bottles from the Dollar Store are also great...most staff travel at least 2 hrs by bus to get to work..so if they have a water bottle with them it is great...also, tupperware containers for children to bring food to school is always appreciated also..You can always ask your friends if they have any of the above to donate...it doesn't hurt asking...You will have a great time in Cuba...I have a great suggestion re eating out at a great restaurant while you are visiting Varadero...the Restaurant is in Matanzas and it is a 15 minute taxi ride from the hotels the name of the Restaurant is called Terreza Cuba...absolutely delicious...I always have the lobster meal with two tails, shrimps, oysters, potatoes, rice, and veggie's and the price for this meal is 30 cucs...two people can share this meal for sure...also, another great meal is the shredded beef...You will be happy if you go there and have a great meal...Ramon the Manager will take very good care of you for sure...

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
montreal
Level Contributor
11,602 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21

Your restaurant is not in Matanzas its in Santa Marta a couple of minutes from the bridge in Varadero for those that have been to Varadero .

Mentioned in this post
Santa Marta
Santa Marta
Santa Marta District, Colombia
Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21

Thank you for your response. We will definitely bring stuff over but who do we give it to ?

Reply to: Upcoming trip to Sanctuary at the Memories Oct. 14-21
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted