We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo travelling.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Solo travelling.

For me, it's the only way, some ppl you can't travel with ? Unless you agree to meet up once in awhile. Have an understanding. I very much enjoy hanging out with new friends I meet on the resort. Different animal.

21 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo travelling.

I'm sure your new friends will find you a real joy to vacation with :)

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo travelling.

I'm fun when I choose to be. Strangely I'm trying to recall some ppl from last visit, besides staff and repeat guests? A few i remember, had to think, lol.

Edited: 22 September 2017, 10:27
Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo travelling.

I have often thought about adding ppl to Facebook in varadero. It comes down to being on vacation. Then asking ppl, how do I find you etc, lol. I actually could of been set up for a trip to Germany. Nah, lol.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo travelling.

You don't travel with your partner or you cant travel with them either?......

maybe its you...lol

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo travelling.

Im always solo.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo travelling.

Cool solo is best

Edited: 22 September 2017, 14:21
Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo travelling.

I enjoy traveling solo as well. I have been to Cuba twice on my own and the Dominican Republic once. (and I am going to Cuba again in a couple months) I have a job where I work providing services to people all day so its kind of nice to pull a "reverse cheers" (I wanna go where nobody knows my name) I can go to whatever excursions I want, go to bed when I want, drink as much or as little as I want, go to evening shows or not, etc.

I use to believe that in order to enjoy traveling I needed to be in a relationship so I didn't go. I wasted several years of my life wanting to travel but not going because of this. So I guess my advice is if you want to travel just go ahead and do it. Try to find something that's going to stretch your comfort zone a little but not so much it will ruin the trip.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo travelling.

Have travelled solo as well...nothing wrong with at all...don't need someone to go with

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo travelling.

"Each to their own" is the only sensible saying :) We like traveling with another couple of people better known as another couple :) It's more comfortable having friends along for dinners, lobby bar, buffet, beach, pool, excursions,,, that about covers it I think :)

It's certainly a different breed to travel solo in my "each to their own opinion". No short form for that one yet :) maybe "ettoo" :)

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
4,304 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Solo travelling.

Take pictures of people you meet and like , then give them all nick- names .

That's how I remember people .

Oh remember CubaJim or Sausy Sadi ......

Johnny C

Reply to: Solo travelling.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted