We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

Toronto, Ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

Hey everyone, Most of my questions have been answered by general browsing but I have a few more.

I will be staying at the Breezes Bella Costa

wikimapia.org/…2

On the map above it is on the eastern end of the little straight isle.

Where are the clubs in relation to the Bella Costa? I found Calle 62 on the map.

Where are? Even like closest resorts so I can get an idea. I assume most are too far to walk?

Havana Club

La Rumba

Mambo Club

Pirates Cave

Cabaret Continental

Is it hard to find cabs in veradero? I assume it will be easy to find a cab from the resort to wherever we want to go but what about back?

Where can we find AUTHENTIC cigars?

And finally where would we find good shopping? Like a good market or something. Even if we had to go to Havana thats fine (what excursion would be best?)

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

Varadero is littered with taxis, horse buggies, coco cabs, etc, no problemo. Also double decker bus runs the strip for 5cuc/all day pass. Best "shopping" in town is all the town, wander up the main street for lots of markets & various little shops. If you want a "mall" in Cuba forget it, non existant.Well their version of one is beside the golf course. There are goverment Cigar shops for the REAL f'sure smokes if you dont want to take a chance on individuals selling them. A trip to Havana is a great idea large market behind the cathedral square.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

Sorry must be a dunce, but where is Calle 62 on there?

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

D'oh, found it, not to worry all. But I do have another question. Where is the Barracude dive shop located on this map? I have heard it is a decent restaurant to check out and might just be a good place for a romantic Valentines day supper to treat my girlfriend to. Any help is appreciated.

As always, thanks to everyone for all the help.

Cheers.

East of Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

One of the clubs you mentioned (La Rumba or maybe Mambo ?) is next door to your hotel.

Bella Costa is nearly at the end of a service road running along the NW side of the golf course. The popular club that many taxi to (at least a few nights a week) from all the other resorts, is at the very end of that same service road.

I've never stayed at Bella Costa but there's either a shortcut to the club or you simply walk out of your hotel, hang a left and walk there in a minute.

Toronto
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

Cigars can be bought at a few places in Varadero Check this webpage for prices and places to buy the real thing

Everywhere you go you will be asked if you want cigars and I mean that I bet you don't even make it on the bus from the airport without being asked

If you don't buy at a LCDH you will get fakes I would'nt even bother with buying them from the resort

Another word of warning is to buy just boxes of 25 and stay away from the singles 3 packs and 5 packs

Real Cuban Cigars are not cheap and you will pay for them that is why it is so tempting to buy off a person on the beach

If you are planning to buy a few boxes it may be worth it to not buy in Varadero and do the Havana trip and buy from the Partagas Factory

http://marty.514crew.com/cigarsmain.html

I cant wait to stock up in 3 weeks

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

When are you going to be in Varadero

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
636 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

Calle 62 was about a $5 peso cab ride from BC. If you're at Calle 62, head over to the Comparsita - was TOO much fun - outdoor open air Cuban nightclub. Rhumba club is practically next door to the BC if that's your thing... (crowded discoey atmosphere).

Cabs - super easy - just hail one down or get the front desk to call one - there's also a 4 peso train ride (but it doesn't come very frequently), or you can walk up to the main drag & get the 5 peso bus ride for the whole day - not as quick as a cab but it gets you to where you want to go... The big Market averaged us about 7-8 pesos 1 way, but you can try "bartering" a bit more depending on the cabbie. We paid 10 pesos to the Barlovento which is all the way down past the market around Calle 8.

Havana privately is the way to do it - ask either Joseline or Amaryllis at the front for Jose, he was really good, and cheap!

toronto
Level Contributor
223 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

i was at bella costa last march i enjoyed the hotel

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

Another useful map reference that I got from somewhere. Most detail around streets etc.

cuba-maps.com/destinations/…varadero.asp

vancouver
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: A few Breezes Bella Costa and General Veradero Questions!

HI,

La rumba is next door to bella costa 8cuc to get in.

Cabaret continental(international) is about 10 min walk and is very good on thursdays and sundays, they have show at first if you want to see the show the cover is 15cuc if not and you just want to go to the club cover is 10cuc, and tou can use all the cover that you paid to buy drinks at the bar.

Mombo is littile far about11 or 11cuc taxi ride and is busy on the weekend cover is 8cuc.

Pirates cave is about 7 or 8cuc cab ride and the best night to go is on mondays but get there eary becouse it gets super busy the cover is 8cuc.

I hope this helps, have a good time.