We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two women...which resort?

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Two women...which resort?

Hi, my girlfiend and I want a girls week away and are wondering which resorts are best. We're both married (to men)LOL and are in our late 40's.

We don't want to go anywhere where it all couples or lots of kids.

Does anyone know of anything in between. Thanks

hamilton
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Two women...which resort?

Hi natamour. I.ve been on a couple of trips to cuba with the girls. It didn't really make any difference which resort it was, we had a great time. We met lots of people,- married , single, male and female- that we did different things and went different places with. It is much easier to meet people when you are all on vacation.

My favourite place was Sol Club Guillarmo but the Brisas Santa Lucia wasn't bad. My hubby and I are going to Club Puntarena on Mar 31. He isn't a night hawk or partier so I hope that I will connect with some people that do like to go to some of the clubs and "dance the night away".

Enjoy yourself- its up to you to make it a GREAT vacation!!

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
802 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two women...which resort?

My sister and I are off for our yearly "girls" week April 07/08. We go somewhere different every year and this year we are trying Cuba.We are off to Playa Alemada,Veradaro but wherever we go we have a great time! I am 47 and sis is 60 and we always find great people to talk to and get to know regardless if they are married or not!So my advice is to pick somewhere where you are interested in and just go and have fun and do some exploring!

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two women...which resort?

You're married and you want our help sneaking off with your girlfriend? This is a travel forum not a "help me commit adultery" discussion board.

hamilton
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Two women...which resort?

Liquidsnake- Where do you get off automatically thinking that just because the girls go on vacation without the hubbies that they are looking to "commit adultery"? You probably still think that if a woman goes to a bar its because she is looking to get lucky. Give your head a shake.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two women...which resort?

Thanks to those who did give great advise. I've learned alot.

Except for the comment made by liquidsnake. I don't remember mentioning sneaking off anywhere. Just a girls getaway. But then again only a girl would understand a girls getaway.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Two women...which resort?

pondlady, unlike you I actually read the original post where she says she's married and is planning on going away with her girlfriend. Evidently it's absolutely a-ok with you for someone to plan their illicit liason with a mistress in foreign climes. Would you feel it equally amusing and liberating if her husband was planning to elope with another man?

toronto
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two women...which resort?

Liquidsnake i think you have misunderstood the post. You should learn to read more carefully. From my humble understaning i interpreted the post as a couple of friends getting away from the day to day routine of life and enjoying some fun in the sun. Women tend to throw around words like "girlfriend" and it generally just implies a friend. I think you were a little too judgemental. Good luck.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Two women...which resort?

Right, ok.

A 'girlfriend' in these parts is someone you would be amorously infatuated with, whereas a friend who merely happened to be a female would be just called a 'friend'.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two women...which resort?

Okay, this was my post, so let me straighten this out. I now see that you are from England, Liquidhead, so maybe there a girlfriend means something more than friend.

In Canada a girlfriend is a friend who happens to be a girl.

I'll have to send all this to my "friend" cause she'll get a good laugh out of it.

Sooooo, back to any suggestions?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two women...which resort?

hahahaha, this is really funny, due to what Liquidsnake wrote, I will now start worrying about my girlfriend whenever she goes out with her girlfriends!!! Yikes!