We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions

Ontario
Level Contributor
320 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
questions

I am going to Iberostar Playa Alameda end of March. Just wondering if I need beach towels, mosquito repellant. How much money do I need for spending? Does anyone know how much scooters cost to rent to town? Overall what rooms do you suggest?

Thx

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
124 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: questions

Beach towels- usually you leave a deposit for a towel, and then tur it in at the end of the day for a card (that gets your money back at the end). Sometimes people report their towels being stolen so they take their own.

Mozzie repellent- we didn't use any last year, but some people complain. Can't hurt to take it just in case.

Spending- depends on what you want to shop for and what you choose to do. We took $600 last year and were OK (but we shop a lot!!)

Scooters- last year they wouldn't let us rent them without showing a motorcycle licence. When we went to the resort next door they had no problem renting to us, so I don't know what the real policy is. I think it was $12 an hour or something? Beware, everywhere in town will charge you to park- even on the street.

Have fun!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
320 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: questions

Thx for your reply. Information always helps. I have one more question. How much is one pesos in canadian money? Do they accept canadian Funds?

montreal
Level Contributor
10,887 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions

No you have to change your money to cuc you will loose close to 18% on each Canadian dollars depends on the day in Cuba its not the same rate everry day .

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: questions

lose 18%? Never heard anything about that. All info I have seen suggests charges are only around 3%. The fact that all transactions are converted to US$ first (CUC pegged to $1.08US) means some people get confused on the amount of charges.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: questions

I'm off to Playa Alemada as well April 7th and just read the latest review about the food!!! Hopefully this is just a joke cause the rest of the reviews have been good!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: questions

Here is a site for cuban money exchange

www.image604.com/cuba_currency

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: questions

Sorry should read images and htere is an underscore between cuba and curency

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: questions

Oh my I need some sleep here goes again:

www.604images.com/cuba_currency

9. Re: questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 19:16